Wanted - Stock Special headers

RadMax

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I’m looking for some stock reasonably-priced headers for a 1980 XS650 Special. They don’t have to be show quality, but no dents/dings/rot/etc. Just the headers.

image.jpg

Lots of miles. No dents. I have to take the mufflers off with a hacksaw. The right muffler is rotten.

Yep, bummer when you get a hole in the pipe or muffler. I have spot that looks like a rusty walnut on the under side of where the pipe meets the muffler on the CB750. I been scratching my head on how to fix it. I think I'll cut a chrome patch out of an old muffler and bend it to match the damaged place. The I'll drill a few well placed holes around the edge of the patch and tie or clamp it in place. Lay a wet rag with a hole in it over a hole in the patch. Stick the wire of my wire welder in the hole and hit it. Just like spot welding and the wet rag cools and prevents splatter. best I can come up with.

Start a new fad. Use steel cut like a club or ace of spades. Tack it down and paint it black! :thumbsup:

Stock special headpipes are not seperate and have a taper where they transition to the mufflers.
Hard to make a decent job of welding something to the hacked off headpipes.
Save your money and do it right.

Back