For Sale - ...... STOLEN

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know where best to put this so its here for the moment.

WARNING..........Be on the look out for this guy just in case he comes to look at yours

Over on Stromtrooper a guy was selling his 2012 DL1000. Guy came and took it for a test ride and never came back, (check out second link below pic).............Sure its obvious safeguards weren't adhered to but that's not the point.

The add for the bike..............
https://www.stromtrooper.com/threads/2012-v-strom-1000-4-500.435202/
bike-02-jpg.287682

The bikes owner is 99.9% sure this is the gut who stole it......I wont post his photo but it is posted in this link......... Found him on Facefook
https://www.stromtrooper.com/threads/2012-v-strom-1000-4-500.435202/page-3

That sucks mightily. Hope he gets the bike back in a condition suitable for sale (again).
Makes me wonder what the cops do half the time (in all locations) because half their work has been done for them in that case, and it's certainly not the first time I've heard / read of similar circumstances, where the victim has done a lot of legwork to track down the thief or his stuff and the cops have sat on their arses.

Unless the cops find the bike on the person who stole it, have camera evidence showing his face, or the seller has a witness to corroborate, it is only one persons word against another. The guy's mate, (who drove him to the sale), could also lie and give him an alibi............Even now the seller has identified the guy who stole the bike there is still no proof he is the guy who stole it..........

Well That sucks big time..this bike was sort of local to my area and i had been talking to the seller about it..Initially i thought 2012 was a new revision as it was for the 650 but the 1000 was unchanged until later..It just sucks when crap like this happens to good people...I hope they can catch him red handed...

I have to agree with the others. The only thing that can be done is to come up with a remote kill switch to disable the bike. I'm looking at a tracking device for my three bikes.

Knock on wood, I’ve never had a bike stolen. Seems like bikes are safe like standard shift cars in my region. Younger people don’t know how to operate. Haha I leave mine parked on the sidewalk with the key in it. Hell my old bikes don’t have keys. Toggle switch.

They found the thief and the motorcycle based on photos the Sheriff's Office sent the victim and it appears to be all in one piece. They executed a felony warrant against Mr. Lee (the POS -MC Thief) on this and 3 prior motorcycle thefts and he is currently awaiting arraignment. Pray for a crappy lawyer and a very long incarceration.

The search warrant was to search his Facebook. That is where they got the pic of the bike from. (thieves and Facebook = Dumb), No guarantee the bike is still there or he still has it.

At least it has been carried right through and a result looks promising

The search warrant was to search his Facebook. That is where they got the pic of the bike from. (thieves and Facebook = Dumb), No guarantee the bike is still there or he still has it.

At least it has been carried right through and a result looks promising
Here's the note from the detective (Kell) to the victim (Loftin) on Thursday 6-AUG:
Its the second file attachment under the photo of the bike.

"He just got arrested in SC. I’m working on getting our charges served on him now.

Detective Tyler Kell
Union County Sheriff’s Office
Criminal Investigations Bureau"

BOHICA ! ! !

Yes all well and good......... he had 2 or 3 outstanding warrants and if i'm reading it right, it looks like he may have been arrested on an old one. My point is they haven't recovered the bike only confirmed it in a photo off of his facebook page. Still hopeful of recovering the bike, if not, at the least the guy will be charged for the theft and with outstanding warrants you would think/hope it ends in a cell

Thieves are so stupid. So are ex-girlfriends. Posting their wrongdoings on social media proves they are knuckleheads. I don't have any accounts because its no one's business what my business is. I'm selfish. I keep it to myself.
I'm glad to hear the caught the MFMC thief! I hope he does serious time.

Back