STP as Chain Lube?

Thanks for all the feedback! In the end, after a totally anal cleanup of the chain, sprockets and various sullied areas around the chain I've gone with a roughly 50/50 mix of STP and chainsaw bar oil. I'll get back to this thread after I put a couple hundred miles on. I should probably mention that this experiment is being conducted on the 78' SR500.

Regarding my experience with STP as a lubricant: While I don't doubt the experiences others have had with STP being a dirt and grime attractant, I haven't found this to be the case. I have a fondness for Kimber Semi Autos, particularly the 9mm Micro version. Great guns but very tight tolerances. After a number of failures to feed and stovepipe jams I began using STP to lube the slides and feed ramps. Feeding problems disappeared at once and I have not observed any tendency of the lube to attract detritus while being carried on a daily basis.

roy

Have you ever tried this product? I’ve been using it for years. You spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe the drips off. It sets up and doesn’t fling off. I really like it.
View attachment 123257
I've been successfully using "Super Clean" lube, but it has a white color, not to my liking. Any color to the Chain Wax ??

Back