Straw that broke the Camel's Back

shreveport1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have never been a computer kinda guy....I have allways been interested in mechanical,and electronic machines since I was old enough to recognize one......I bought an 07 FZ6 last May and wanted to put Ram Air into the air box....so I searched the internet for info on the job.....I came across the FZ6 forum ...I could'nt ask a question without joining.....so I did....found out there was no way to do it without cutting up the frame for only a couple horsepower (which I allready knew before I asked) and found it quite entertaining....BUT there were so many stupid questions and no one was building anything and the POLITICS disscussed and the "Do you wear an Orange Vest ?" threads were just wearing on my nerves....to 95% of the threads I could not even responde to because I had nothing nice to say....point is I've been riding and repairing my bikes for over 23 years now,I am glad i've found a group of people like myself here at XS650.com...now have a look at this post I copied from a new thread from the FZ6 forum.. {Hey guys,

I have been a lurker on the forums for awhile now but i recently purchased my 2006 Blue FZ6 and I am learning very fast. This is my first bike and it has been a lot of fun learning all the tricks. I am still riding on the back roads and fear going out onto any main roads because of a simple problem.

My idle is around 1100-1300 after warmed up and i'm having trouble with stalling. I do give the bike some extra gas and it still struggles to get off from a stop. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to practice and improve my dead stops? I seem to have the most problem when there is even a slight incline, I only weigh 150 pounds so maneuvering the bike under my own power can prove to be a bit challenging.}

Well you're going to get things like that on every forum I think, but it's probably a lot worse on a forum for a motorcycle like the FZ6 because a lot of people are buying it as their first bike to learn on. While some people might be using the XS as a bike to learn on, most people here are attracted to the bike because they like to chop, bob, cafe, or restore them. Most of the guys here have probably been riding for years and are mechanically inclined (since you almost have to be to own an XS and keep a 30ish year old bike on the road). Most of us like to work on shit and get our hands dirty. The members here like tools, fixing things, fabricating, welding, painting, restoring, looking at women, drinking a few beers, etc... :smoke:

I'm Sorry for my rant last night....I was drinkin 12 year old whiskey.... :D you guys are Awesome!! :)

Haha.. no problem! I enjoyed reading it! And I got where you were coming from.. It's like the part in the beginning of the movie Old School when Mitch gets in the cab:

Mitch: Sorry, your seatbelt seems to be broken. What do you recommend I do?
Cab Driver: I recommend you stop being such a faggot. You're in the backseat!

:laugh:

Haha.. no problem! I enjoyed reading it! And I got where you were coming from.. It's like the part in the beginning of the movie Old School when Mitch gets in the cab:

Mitch: Sorry, your seatbelt seems to be broken. What do you recommend I do?
Cab Driver: I recommend you stop being such a faggot. You're in the backseat!

:laugh:
LMFAO!! I love that movie!! and that is the perfect way to sum up how I felt about the whole situation... :laughing:

Back