Stuff my dog says; on second thought I'll just build a race car

You're getting there, hood ornament now in place...;)
It's still just held with a magnet. It's still eventually going to go away as it simply won't work there with the finished product, my boss a couple weeks back or so made the comment after I had removed it that it needed to be there because it made the rest of the car. Since then I've just been moving it away and back as needed as sort of a joke. I have crushed it and had to straighten it back out a couple times though forgetting it was there when opening the hood.

Was able to drive the car this morning and am pleased to report that elbow room isn't really a problem. I did manage to get a video on the second try but it looks like it may be mostly helmet. Going down the road when I am really into a left hand turn I lean in like on a bike which makes me naturally tuck that left elbow anyway. I did bump it once looping through a parking lot when you need full steering and have to shuffle on the wheel but it's not a dangerous distraction there so I'm going with that side profile.
Doing to carb work Monday I either lowered the float or caused an issue with the metering block gasket/accelerator pump as we are back lean on throttle. It isn't as bad as it was before changing the jet but I believe you be able to hear it in the video if the sound turned out OK. I'm pondering whether to look into it more or leave it.
The weather is turning here in Nashville so there won't be too many more weekends to take the car for a quick spin anyway and I'm still hoping for the supercharger soon. The car is pretty intoxicating though and I'll probably want to take it out more if it's dry and warm enough.
20221029_114010.jpg20221029_114026.jpg
I was able to change that back edge of the left hood arc more easily than I had assumed I could. The transition from hood to cowl curve wise is now plenty good enough for my eyes. This afternoon I still need to stretch the back edge to close the hood to cowl gap and then that will (hopefully) be done for good.

Not the most exciting afternoon. I welded the cut I had made in the hood up and was somewhat pleased with the result there then went to work welding seams in the interior which is not exciting. I was going to just MIG them but the MIG is acting up so it was a frustrating afternoon at that.` I've got a couple gaps to fill and then maybe I can get back to skin work which is far more enjoyable. My hood strap footers are supposedly going to be delivered Monday but I find that hard to believe.

I'm impressed all to hell on your build!!
And I'm not even a car guy
I've skipped a bunch of posts but I'll keep watching
Wow

What will the leftside seat area be used for e.g. does it hold a spare tire?
It's just got the electronics of all the circuit breakers, relays, ignition box, and the master kill switch plus the access panel to get to the battery. With it just going to be a track only thing no need for a spare tire on board. Once I get to the point of getting and outfitting a trailer for the car I'll probably add in a couple of the orange GuniWheels to the outfit as an emergency deal.

Weird day today but I got the off side cover panel made and fitted. I finally got my supercharger flange files too so maybe that can move forward.
20221105_175716.jpg20221105_175701.jpg20221105_175633.jpg20221105_175618.jpg20221105_164327.jpg
Pretty happy here for tonight though

Attachments

• 20221105_121954.jpg
    20221105_121954.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 46
Slow largely boring work. Not nearly as fun as creating panels.
I've been breaking up the monotony by texting random pictures of ducks and duck billed things to my older boy.
Well then how about this from a Vespa forum:
First picture is of the newest version of the GTV.
2023 GTV.png

Second is what someone on that forum thinks might be a picture of the designer

howard_50581.jpg

To say the opinions expressed about this design are not very favorable would be an under statement!

I hope you don't take this as an idea for paint scheme on your race car!

Back