Stuff my dog says; on second thought I'll just build a race car

"It is quite impressive to be built by someone who has never done anything like it before. May work as a mechanic but never built a car from ground up. "

Text from my parents about the car this morning. Not exactly supportive of the progress.

Edit: Oh yeah, today is my birthday. So that back handed compliment from my parents on my birthday....
Happy B-Day!!! I'm grandfather to an 18 and 21 y.o. Sometimes it's difficult for us old folks to remember what it's like to chase a dream.

The nose piece is made, now I can get started on the actual grill. Or the other side exhaust piece. Or remaking the windshield frame in stainless. Or maybe even touching the largely unmade seat cover again.....it's good to have options.
20230212_183457.jpg

20230212_183442.jpg
20230212_182333.jpg

Are you going to make some sort of front grill guard/nerf bars/bumper for the front and rear?

Not even nerf bars or push bars?
No, the ends of the double tube frame stick further forward than most of the rest of the stuff and that's enough for me. Though really the tires are still the furthest forward part. And I have no clue how you'd do anything in the rear without ruining the look back there.

Equal. I restored (paint and body) a '46 Novi for the Brumos Collection a while back. Not nearly as pretty as The Boyle Special. That Maserati was one of, if not THE prettiest Indy cars ever.
I just meant specifically in terms of no bumperette. There are so many pretty cars over the years actually trying to pick out "Best" seems a fools errand. But yeah, I'm a no bumpers guy.

Looking at grill bar spacing tonight after finishing up the brake light wiring from last night. My initial thought of a pressure switch ended up seeming like a less than perfect idea given the adjustable brake bias so I went with a brake light switch from an early 50s Chevy truck reading off the top end of the brake pedal is.

Attachments

• 20230216_191044.jpg
    20230216_191044.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 48
Looking at grill bar spacing tonight after finishing up the brake light wiring from last night. My initial thought of a pressure switch ended up seeming like a less than perfect idea given the adjustable brake bias so I went with a brake light switch from an early 50s Chevy truck reading off the top end of the brake pedal is.
Looks good. I see ya'll use American brand tape too. Less expensive than 3M and sticks better too.

Back