Sumo Rubber

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just got an email today from Sumo Rubber
We are really sorry to inform you that Sumo Rubber will be closing for business at the end of January 2023.

We have tried our best to keep going despite all the challenges of recent months, however, there has just been too many setbacks, and we simply cannot continue any more.

We are trying to clear our stock of all items that we cannot return to the suppliers. As such, we offer up to 60% DISCOUNT on a majority of our parts.

Feel free to stock up for yourself, your friends or even for re-sale.

Bummmer just got some carb boots and they look great
Thought I'd let you all know

Last edited:
Yeah one less quality supplier
It's gotta be tough being a small business now a days

This is kinda odd... I've bought from them 3 or 4 times... on their mailing list... and I didn't get the email. I checked their website and there's no mention of closing. Not there, Facebook, Twitter or their Instagram account. All their website says is 30% off selected items.
Odd... :umm:

1674071008269.png

I went on their site last night (after Mikey posted) as there are some pieces on my RD (Y boot etc) that may need replaced in the future. Y-boots sold out:shrug:

Here's hoping......

Yeah, I ordered some stuff last night for the RD too... including the Y-boot. Supposedly they'll notify me when it's back in stock? At least that's what I thought it said when I added it to the basket.... :umm:

Something odd about it all I think, in the email I had from them they couldn't decide whether it was upto 50 or 60% off then as has been mentioned the site says 30% off. I'm yet to find anything with even 50% off

Yeah, I ordered some stuff last night for the RD too... including the Y-boot. Supposedly they'll notify me when it's back in stock? At least that's what I thought it said when I added it to the basket.... :umm:
Yeah....I panicked, went to HVC and paid double:doh::shootme:

I never even knew about them. Are the front foot peg robbers and side cover gromets comparable to original. I got some after market ones when I first got the bike and they didn't last hardly at all.
I mean the mounting bushings 2 on each peg not the foot pad.

Any different to the ones from Yambits? The Sumo ones look poorly moulded in the photos on their website but could just be the image.
I don't know - haven't bought foot rest rubbers from Yambits or Sumo. My feeling based on the tank rubbers I bought from Sumo, including the rear tank mount, which match the originals in size and shape but are nice and 'rubbery' while the 40 year old items have gone hard and unyielding.

Further to above, have just been to Sumo and placed an order for a few small parts I might need in the future.

Last edited:
Back