Tachometer Cable Mystery

Closure!
Followed the advice and ordered on from Mike's XS (which is the Motion Pro). I asked them to measure it first and it's longer than advertised.
It's on the bike and issue is resolved.
Bizarre how numerous "NOS" cables could all be different lengths :umm:
Than you all for your input!!!!!

Closure!
Followed the advice and ordered on from Mike's XS (which is the Motion Pro). I asked them to measure it first and it's longer than advertised.
It's on the bike and issue is resolved.
Bizarre how numerous "NOS" cables could all be different lengths :umm:
Than you all for your input!!!!!
I can't help but think they were NOS because they were the wrong length.

“I can't help but think they were NOS because they were the wrong length.”

It shall remain one of life’s mysteries
They each appeared to be NOS. But lord only knows how each was identified by part # through the years as packing disappeared and they were re-tagged.
S as me I’m suppose there’s also the possibility that dealers would buy cables in bulk and simply choose the length they needed – not necessarily by specific part number. And now that they are being sold by part number and correct part numbers are being used.
Naturally, this is just my speculation so as I said earlier - it’ll remain a mystery

They each appeared to be NOS. But lord only knows how each was identified by part # through the years as packing disappeared and they were re-tagged.
And I suppose there’s also the possibility that dealers would buy cables in bulk and simply choose the length they needed – not necessarily by specific part number. And now that they are being sold by part number and correct part numbers are being used.
Naturally, this is just my speculation so as I said earlier it’ll remain a mystery

And Isuppose there’s also the possibility that dealers would buy cables in bulk and simply choose the length they needed – not necessarily by specific part number. And now that they are being sold by part number incorrect part numbers are being used.
Naturally, this is just my speculation so as I said earlier it’ll remain a mystery

Back