Tall bars

Vaughnjohnsilver

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys first time posting here, I ride a 77 xs650 and was wondering if anyone has put tall bars on one of these like mini apes or anything. I can’t find any pictures online and was curious about how it would look. The reason I’m interested in this is because I’m tall and I think it would be more comfortable riding with taller bars. I’d love to see some pics or hear your input on this, thanks.

Attachments

• 1032C8AE-6133-4B62-8956-42268610D21F.jpeg
    1032C8AE-6133-4B62-8956-42268610D21F.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 256
Check out member Tzimmerm’s ride. Look in the thread “what have you done to your xs today”. He’s an active poster but might give you an idea. Good luck.

Interesting....I don’t get the appeal (my shoulders would last about 2 minutes I suspect), but it is interesting nonetheless.

I'm wondering if he is referring to the special hi-rise bars ? they suit me perfectly but I'm only 5'11" . They push me back into a lean-back position and with the turned down and out grips I find them extremely comfortable.

I’m just talking about anything taller, I’m 6’4 and the stock bars have me leaning over a bit.. not so comfortable for long distance. I just want to see how it would look if anyone is doing it before I buy some new bars

Vaughnjohnsilver Those stock looking or maybe CB750 bars are taller than "most of us" ride. I'm old AND tall. I use the shorter, lower rise, euro bar but do use Virago risers that move it back and up about an inch. Suits me and I ride some long days each year.
Have you rotated what you have to different positions?

bar angle.jpg

Back