Sold / Found / Inactive - TCI/Gonzo Jumper Harness (pigtail)

If there's any interest.....

Changing the bike and TCI box to the 6 pin setup is just a matter of un-pinning the 8 pin and plugging the wires into the 6 pin. I've got one TCI box where I did exactly that. Changing the bike harness end would also be easily doable.
If there's any interest, I'll throw in an extra 6 pin connector for bike/box conversion.
$20.
Of course, I'll need to order more connectors.... :shrug:
Good idea. I'll just deadhead the wire. I'll probably go 8 to 6 as my TCI was repaired recently. The Gonzo (Why do we call them Gonzo?) boxes will ride as spares for now. That's after they're tested, of course. In the end, I'll take the path of least resistance.

Humpty bumpity.... still have 4 left....

I'd have one Jim but the cost off shipping probably is stupid?

Yeah I think I still have one or two left. You can't send PM's yet, so I'll send you one.

hey Jim, can you send me the pin-out for the Gonzo to TCI adapter?
I could probably find the GN250 wiring online, but guess I'm getting tired in my increasing trips around the fireball!

Here's the 6 and 8 pin diagrams

Pigtail Wiring V2.png

8 pin rev 1 5-24-21.png

I don't have 80+ bike to test or fit to. How long does the harness need to be?
Going to test on my TCI test setup.
I bought 2 G boxes a couple years ago and never got around to doing anything with them. Found when I was cleaning up my bench.

I don't have 80+ bike to test or fit to. How long does the harness need to be?
Going to test on my TCI test setup.
I bought 2 G boxes a couple years ago and never got around to doing anything with them. Found when I was cleaning up my bench.
I have not made these up yet. My guess is six inches would do it. Twelve inches probably leaves unlimited places to stuff the box in an emergency. @Jim, was that length arbitrary or done with purpose?

I was already yin the process of making the harness, about 12", it's for my test set so not worried about it.
But then I might could be persuaded to resell known good GN boxes with harness as a set.
Not sure about the 2 inputs being correct on test set though. Will see how it reacts with wires in both orientations.

Back