TCI Replacement 2020 It Works

On the subject of scopes I have a box of parts on my desk that will allow a sound card on a old laptop be a low frequency oscilloscope.

Results soon. It's simple.

On the subject of scopes I have a box of parts on my desk that will allow a sound card on a old laptop be a low frequency oscilloscope.

Results soon. It's simple.
Just found a few Youtube videos showing how to make your smartphone into a scope. Got an old Droid Ultra I just ordered the stuff for it.

I think holes drilled and tapped in the same spot as the TCI pickup. aluminum strip that is slotted for the stock TCI screws with the pickup attached to the strip.
upload_2020-6-20_18-49-13.png

I'm in the midst of troubleshooting/repairing an issue with my '75, but I just had to wire up the Gonzo box to try it out before returning to the '75 work.
The space under the seat of my '83 was quite a tight fit for the GN, so I temporarily put it in the toolbox with rubber around it.

GNtest1 004.jpg

GNtest5.jpg

The bike started up easily with the GN, idled smoothly, all per usual.
I took it out for a short ride (more later today) and I had trouble recognizing any difference with the OEM TCI , but It did seem a bit peppier. Smooth acceleration.

This is with the untweaked OEM TCI; the engine was warmed up.

This was the first start-up with the GN box.
The engine was warm.

Just put 30 miles on it, 40 - 60 mph.
My impressions remain the same.
Smooth, strong acceleration, no hiccups.

I was out on a country back road, coming up to a pretty lady walking along the shoulder,
and she put her thumb out to catch a ride! (no extra helmet on me).

But I think we can say that the Gonzo attracts girls! :D

Back