That other twin.

Well, imagine what just popped up in the classifieds. $1600.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruisers-choppers/ottawa/1983-kawasaki-750/1591596851?undefined

I could insure it as an antique for a couple hundred a year. For our American friends, that what we call dirt cheap insurance in Ontario.

Not really a fan of single discs, or the mags, but how many kick start, aircooled, vertical twin 750s are you going to find nowadays? This is probably the 3rd KZ750 twin I have seen locally in 20 years, and the only one in actual rideable condition.

That rear wheel might be a drum brake alternative for some XS owners.

s-l640.jpg

Fine :) My other twin - 1976 KZ400D3 w/only 4,500 miles
View attachment 200543

I have one of those KZ 400's. A barn find that my son rode through his high school years. A nice bike that is sitting because of cam chain time. It ran great with bullet/slash mufflers. I also have a KZ 200 that seems to be literally half of the 400, I think they share some of the same parts, maybe even piston, rings, rod, etc.

Scott

well you guys got me really interested in the custom KZ750 then I saw the green one omg, then the blue one and I had to show the guys here at work so that was it I bought one its in the middle of your lovely land of tasty old jap classic's, it's stock standard red, original mufflers etc, the bad news I won't get to see it till late feb early march just in time for a autumn going on winter project. I even showed it to my wife who actually showed interest lol so that's a bonus I have to say that the blue one is amazing to look at yum.

Well, who'd a thunk it - people making nice café racers out of the Suzuki T500. In Britain the Titan name wasn't used, don't recall it anyway. They were a thoroughly and most undeservedly underrated motorcycle. In the mid-70s, Suzuki were also offering the 380 and 550 GT triples. And Kawasaki had their range of sexy-looking triples. So the older sibling T500 was just a boring also-ran. Objectively, it was probably the best of the crop.

Those all look desirable but I picked this one 'coz of that drum brake.

Last edited:
Love the green and dark red paint job. Think the green was an OZ colour.

This one has the extended sump plate
View attachment 200993
View attachment 200992View attachment 200994
View attachment 200996 View attachment 200995View attachment 200997

apparently 74 is the year to get if possible due to the extended pump.

I’d imagine a modern (anti froth) oil would go quite a long way to keep the other years from blowing up.

Gary - if you’ve ridden yours, can you compare it to a xs with a 750 kit on it??

apparently 74 is the year to get if possible due to the extended pump.

I’d imagine a modern (anti froth) oil would go quite a long way to keep the other years from blowing up.

Gary - if you’ve ridden yours, can you compare it to a xs with a 750 kit on it??

I always liked that bike.
They also had chain driven counter weights, it should’ve been a much smoother motor. Although the chain that drives the counter weights was prone to stretching and causing problems all its own. If I remember correctly.

they also had problems with shallow sumps which allowed the oil to froth up hence oil starvation, solution deeper sumps were fitted under warranty, and I do like the TX750 looks they are getting so rare now very hard to find one for sale I bet it was hard to let your one go Gary.

I've followed Taylor and his channel for quite a while. He specialized in older CB500/550's but has been dabbling his toes in other makes more recently. Just a one man shop at his house. He quit his day job and runs Classic Octane full time. Im sure he also makes some income from his U-tube channel too. He has a lot of video out there.

Back