The BoB-A-SwinG build 1st XS attemp!

So, still need some fine tuning but this is pretty much DONE!!

Here we go:

212_zpsc22ca743.jpg

213_zps033af1c5.jpg

214_zpsa8f8c976.jpg

Better pics to come and i'll try to take a little video... it sounds pretty nice!

Nice work Sn34ky,
Looks amazing! Done just in time for winter, bet you wish it was May and not Sept.
It accually loks nice in the picture... over here the colors are changing and leaves are falling... pretty nippy ride on the Bezza this morning... 5*C. Not bad just spoild after a record warm summer. Great job on the bike! How many goes did you have at the pinstiping before you were safisfied.... looks great!

Lester

Nice work Sn34ky,
Looks amazing! Done just in time for winter, bet you wish it was May and not Sept.
It accually loks nice in the picture... over here the colors are changing and leaves are falling... pretty nippy ride on the Bezza this morning... 5*C. Not bad just spoild after a record warm summer. Great job on the bike! How many goes did you have at the pinstiping before you were safisfied.... looks great!

Lester

Thanks man! yeah it's a little bit late in the season but still got over a good month of descent riding weather here, leaves still green here!! :wink2: It's pretty chilly here too at 5 o'clock, was 5*°c too, but I only have a 150ft walk to the job! Still hit the 20-25° during the day!

As for the pinstripe, it take me 2 coats on the outlines, did a fine line 1st try but wasn't large enough and goes a little bit thicker on the 2nd try!! That is after maybe a good 10h of practice and a quick mental depression when I saw it's fucking hard! Taught learning Tig was something... pff... pinstriping is 10x harder!! Had to order 5-6 brushes to really find the one to do the job and stop doing Parkinson!!

But you know what... nothing beats the feeling of sitting down, pop a beer and watch 6 months of labor finally done! :bike:

Thanks man! yeah it's a little bit late in the season but still got over a good month of descent riding weather here, leaves still green here!! :wink2: It's pretty chilly here too at 5 o'clock, was 5*°c too, but I only have a 150ft walk to the job! Still hit the 20-25° during the day!

As for the pinstripe, it take me 2 coats on the outlines, did a fine line 1st try but wasn't large enough and goes a little bit thicker on the 2nd try!! That is after maybe a good 10h of practice and a quick mental depression when I saw it's fucking hard! Taught learning Tig was something... pff... pinstriping is 10x harder!! Had to order 5-6 brushes to really find the one to do the job and stop doing Parkinson!!

But you know what... nothing beats the feeling of sitting down, pop a beer and watch 6 months of labor finally done! :bike:

really nice bike buddy

you can be proud of it

hope to finish mine and ride with you next years :thumbsup:

I wanted to stripe so I bought an instructional book... Huh uh. Ain't nobody got time fer dat. I'll jes stick with airbrushing.... It's easy.

I wanted to stripe so I bought an instructional book... Huh uh. Ain't nobody got time fer dat. I'll jes stick with airbrushing.... It's easy.

haha! I've watched about 4-5h of youtube vids before laying some paint... I was like: Looks like easy shit!! Yeah right! I'm far away of getting paid for doing this... :laugh:

LOL... I did he same thing..... crash and burn hard time! I tried with the Mack00 brush but now I need to have a go with the Kafka brushed I ordered. Got some glass plate to practice on. I am only looking to outline, no art stuff.... keeping it simple.

Lester

Again Sneak... Kick ass job on a 100% home build..... just the way I like 'em

LOL... I did he same thing..... crash and burn hard time! I tried with the Mack00 brush but now I need to have a go with the Kafka brushed I ordered. Got some glass plate to practice on. I am only looking to outline, no art stuff.... keeping it simple.

Again Sneak... Kick ass job on a 100% home build..... just the way I like 'em

Thanks bro! Got the Kafka line-up too... really easy to stroke... I really like them, #3 and #0 and you can do pretty much everything.

By the way.... More detailed pictures of the finished product please!

Man.. I'm so freaking busy right now, It's the '' Corn '' season here... I'm a no life for at least 2 other weeks...:shrug: I only went for 1 ride since I got my ride done... :banghead: I'll try to take a nice photoshoot befor winter!!

Cheers!

Ok, I'm back... I've done some mods this spring, want to show you guys! + little video at the end with some rich jetting.

1st I had some problems with my available gazolina with the petcock location on those Cleveland wreck tank ... so I modded it to fit this:

Next shit: New Carbs... little gift from me to me for mothers day!!:wtf: Had to buy something expensive to my lady to sneak those carbs in here!! But then, had to grab some short stacks for feeling cheap for myself...:laugh:

Next thing was to make some baffles for the shakers, need to be under 92db at idle and under 100db at 2500rpm for legality here in our beautiful Quebec :shootme: . They already cam with somes, but I can't get under 93db with them. So ... done my thing on them and I'm now at 84db idle and 96db at 2500.

Next I had to make a little braket for my NSC taillight. Good reason to try my new tig welder on some aluminum.

Some pictures...

Here's the vid.... little bit rich...:shrug:

Back