The great o-ring, seal, gasket, nut, bolt, sizes used on the XS650 thread.

20210412_183457.jpg

I find metric copper gaskets washers easily at the hardware store.
Hand picked. My dual disc front brake set up does not leak a dribble..
:rolleyes:

Beware...

There's a flood of crap on the market and that's suspiciously cheap for full-on copper washers.
interesting just got a pack
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0775W9C8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
will investigate.
Dunno looks like copper to me. color consistent all the way through including filing it.
Nonmagnetic, cut through it with a tin ships. dented with a ball peen hammer.
mebbie a bit stiffer than I expected, will try to anneal one tomorrow.
20210412_224109.jpg
20210412_224041.jpg

Nah I'm all tired and weak after a day cutting, splitting, stacking a branch off a diseased ash tree in the yard. Quit for the day about half way through the splitting. But got all the brush hauled.
Should be about 1-1/2 cord of firewood when the whole tree is in the rack. Got about 10 ash trees to do around the ranch, some quite a bit bigger than this one. Sad, they were nice trees.

Attachments

• 20210412_144504.jpg
    20210412_144504.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 20210412_144456.jpg
    20210412_144456.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 20210412_171508.jpg
    20210412_171508.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Nah I'm all tired and weak after a day cutting, splitting, stacking a branch off a diseased ash tree in the yard. Quit for the day about half way through the splitting. But got all the brush hauled.
Should be about 1-1/2 cord of firewood when the whole tree is in the rack. Got about 10 ash trees to do around the ranch, some quite a bit bigger than this one. Sad, they were nice trees.
Are you splitting by hand or with a log splitter? Makes me tired snd sore just thinking about it.

Are you splitting by hand or with a log splitter? Makes me tired snd sore just thinking about it.
Have dropped, split, and stacked in the racks, 7 ash trees this year. Go back and forth from a gas powered splitter to hand splitting depending on my back, shoulders, and energy level, last three have been all hand split. (chain saw stumps and crotches) Have 4 more to go. Then several more at a neighbors. I've added another 25' of 4' wide 7' tall to the storage racks this year,
KIMG0181.JPG

Also help a friend who's slowing down a bit with his fire wood cutting after his heart attack. I can still do a truckload of wood in a day but I now buy smaller trucks ;^)

Last edited:
Have dropped, split, and stacked in the racks, 7 ash trees this year. Go back and forth from a gas powered splitter to hand splitting depending on my back, shoulders, and energy level, last three have been all hand split. (chain saw stumps and crotches) Have 4 more to go. Then several more at a neighbors. I've added another 25' of 4' wide 7' tall to the storage racks this year, it's about 2/3 filled. Also help a friend who's slowing down a bit with his fire wood cutting after his heart attack. I can still do a truckload of wood in a day but I now buy smaller trucks ;^)
Good for you! All that manual work will keep ya young and make you feel old at the same time. Lol.

Have dropped, split, and stacked in the racks, 7 ash trees this year. Go back and forth from a gas powered splitter to hand splitting depending on my back, shoulders, and energy level, last three have been all hand split. (chain saw stumps and crotches) Have 4 more to go. Then several more at a neighbors. I've added another 25' of 4' wide 7' tall to the storage racks this year, it's about 2/3 filled. Also help a friend who's slowing down a bit with his fire wood cutting after his heart attack. I can still do a truckload of wood in a day but I now buy smaller trucks ;^)
I have read that such physical work is better for us than working out. I expect you'll be around for some time.

Back