The Patience build.

Wingedwheel

If it wasn’t broke before, let me try it…
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, the Honda is gone! (For those that know no explanation is needed, for those that don’t, you don’t want to.). Anyway with that horse outta the barn it’s time to move on to my next attempt at self insanity. The “76 and her name is Patience. EA37908D-9E58-40BA-85C6-6BE55AA2AB88.jpeg. I’m beginning my planning stages and I’ll have to order some parts in before getting started as this may be another project to involve my Dad. Aside from the obvious needs, gaskets, seals, top end components. I basically need everything......hehe
I also know I couldn’t get the bike to go into first gear so I’ll have to look into that. Most engine components will be OEM but my last XS I ordered my rings from a supplier in Japan called”Cruznimage” I know other guys have used that guy also but when I looked this morning the parts were super reasonable as always but shipping was $1000? IDK. In any case time to get my list of needs and wants together and start ordering.

a supplier in Japan called”Cruznimage” I know other guys have used that guy also but when I looked this morning the parts were super reasonable as always but shipping was $1000? IDK.
That shipping price is to deter you from ordering from his Ebay store. He has his own website now... here.

Wow, just checked the Cruznimage website and the shipping doesn’t make it worth ordering from there.

I just put a set of rings in the basket and went to checkout. Shipping was 10 bucks. Not great but not terrible either. Went to their shipping link and it says they can "combine shipping." Guess you'd need to order a hundred bucks or more to make shipping more reasonable.

Hey guys, the Honda is gone! (For those that know no explanation is needed, for those that don’t, you don’t want to.). Anyway with that horse outta the barn it’s time to move on to my next attempt at self insanity. The “76 and her name is Patience.View attachment 192558. I’m beginning my planning stages and I’ll have to order some parts in before getting started as this may be another project to involve my Dad. Aside from the obvious needs, gaskets, seals, top end components. I basically need everything......hehe
I also know I couldn’t get the bike to go into first gear so I’ll have to look into that. Most engine components will be OEM but my last XS I ordered my rings from a supplier in Japan called”Cruznimage” I know other guys have used that guy also but when I looked this morning the parts were super reasonable as always but shipping was $1000? IDK. In any case time to get my list of needs and wants together and start ordering.

Machine looks fine on the picture .. Does not seem to need everything ..Everything there and no obvious damage
Even the seat looks OK ..Stock pipes ..One of the better looking starting points I have seen. If not the best .The shifting problem can be an adjustment on the mechanism.
Unless any problems
If it is fresh out of the barn a wash and polish would be what some people would go for.
Stock street worn look. Personally I would remove the crash bar .. But of course there are different views

I wouldn't recommend carb rebuild kits. Just buy any individual parts you may need. But chances are, you won't need much. There are no o-rings in the '76-'77 carbs so about all you might need are float bowl gaskets. If you replace any jets, it's best you get genuine Mikuni ones. The rebuild kits would have aftermarket brand jets and often of the wrong size. For float needles and seats, Yamaha ones are best and not that expensive. The aftermarket ones in the kits often leak right out of the box. If you're careful during removal, you can often save and re-use the original float bowl gaskets, they're very robust. Don't remove the choke housings from the carb bodies, there's no need to. Then you won't need new gaskets for them. Just pull the choke plungers out of the tops.

Thanks for the advice guys. Jim I had $89 in the cart and they wanted $41 shipping. I dropped the items and for rings and a gasket set it was $20. I can do that well bundling from Revzilla. Jan the “extras” will all be going away although that sissy bar has a weird appeal to it. (NOT!)

5T I’m not sure exactly what I need for those carbs as those are in a box in pieces. I’ll need an air box also.

They charge you up front then refund some of the shipping once the order is placed. Their shipping is higher than it used to be but some of their big ticket items like piston sets are still a good deal.

Who has the bet gasket set? Does anyone besides Mikes’s have a complete oil seal seat or am I better off ordering everything individually?

I just put a set of rings in the basket and went to checkout. Shipping was 10 bucks. Not great but not terrible either. Went to their shipping link and it says they can "combine shipping." Guess you'd need to order a hundred bucks or more to make shipping more reasonable.
Cruzin Image always quotes the shipping high to the US and refunds you at least half of it. I've ordered from them 3 times now and every time he refunds me a large portion of the shipping. I would not hesitate to order anything from them at this point, I've gotten parts for both my XS's and Hondas.

Last edited:
Who has the bet gasket set? Does anyone besides Mikes’s have a complete oil seal seat or am I better off ordering everything individually?
I got my last gasket set from Cruzin Image, quality was excellent. But be aware it does not come with seals. I got my seals from Gary Hoos because he has the OEM seal set.

Back