The post I hoped I would never write

. Everyone’s phone has a GPS and nobody can convince me that technology installed into a phone couldn’t disable it when it senses speeds above a jog.

That would require govt oversight and regulation..............not to mention a persons right to operate a hands free phone.

Personally i think, there is no need for any phones to work in a moving car..................I still remember the day of party lines. In our street and when making a call, if there was a neighbor on their phone we had to hang up an wait till they finished their conversation.

That would require govt oversight and regulation..............not to mention a persons right to operate a hands free phone.

Personally i think, there is no need for any phones to work in a moving car..................I still remember the day of party lines. In our street and when making a call, if there was a neighbor on their phone we had to hang up an wait till they finished their conversation.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Skull I guess that’s the point I was trying to make about disabling the phones. There is no reason for a phone to be in use in a moving vehicle by the operator of that vehicle.

Yeah, old thread. Noting that cops use radiotelephone while driving with loaded guns. Veeerrrrydangerous! They ought to be prohibited from such risky personal behaviors! People could, no they do get hurt!

Amateur radio fellas are specifically permitted to use both Morse and voice whilst driving, at least last time I check the law 'round these here parts. Yes. Morse...try it! Takes a few years to catch on... ;)

Not to slag my fellow brother and sisters in blue…but there are hella distractions in your average patrol car, and in this day and age of budget challenges , there’s not much extra for advanced driving … or shooting training
I teach, as part of my team, “ foreign weapons “ for offices deploying to the “African Nation in Turmoil” of the week.
There is a long period of review of basics long before i transition them to an AK pattern

'Round here some of these impulsive fellers are quite free with waving guns at people. Me included many times. What I especially dislike is a 5 foot bitch, er "officer" waving a 4 foot gun.. or a Glock...in my general direction. Now and then that sort of thing results in her shooting her "partner" or some presumed "perp". Muzzle discipline seems anathema to them. And they carry with one up the spout... which I consider crazy, unless you're in combat and actually know what you're doing! I have as civilian under order's from Sheriff (essentially an irregular deputy) back'd up cops at a murder bust... The order was that if the fellow, who was armed, fired and hit either Sheriff, to shoot him. My weapon was an 8mm rifle 98 Mauser,with hunting rounds, soft nosed. I had him in the V at 50 feet...and it would have killed him instantly. chest shot. Thank heaven, I did not have to fire.

Back