Things you appreciate in your garage besides bikes and tools

BigBoreSwede

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello.

For some time I have had 1000 questions about "how to do this, and how to do that". I´m starting to get fed up with myself:laugh:

So as a little side track I figured it would be fun to see what we XS riders have in our garages besides all the tools, bikes, oil and all that kind of stuff.

For me there are some things I just got to have when I´m fiddle with the bike:

1. "Snus".....you may know it by snuff?? Tobaco to put under your lip. Best thing about Sweden:laugh:

2. Instant coffee a some beer....at least on the weekends.

3. Pantyhoses. Good when you´re out of pod filters. Good eyecatchers too, I promise.

4. Music. All kinds except Beethoven and spiritual :shrug:

5. Fire extinguisher. Serious.....after 2-3 beers I´m really hot!!

6. Pin-ups. They look sweet and don´t ask what you´re doing all the time in contrast to a living female.

/BigBoreSwede

Attachments

• FB299039.JPG
    FB299039.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 219
  • FB299040.JPG
    FB299040.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 206
  • FB299041.JPG
    FB299041.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 232
  • FB299042.JPG
    FB299042.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 219
  • FB299047.JPG
    FB299047.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 214
  • FB299046.JPG
    FB299046.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 203
5. Fire extinguisher. Serious.....after 2-3 beers I´m really hot!!

LOL.

Let's see...I have a wooden toolbox made by my grandfather around 1920-30 I'd guess. It's just as he left it. He was an excellent mechanic I hear, in a time when machines were relatively rare. No Beethoven? Hmmm. He might have been better if he hadn't been deaf.

I have an old laptop that is almost the most useful tool in my garage. Any questions I have, I can head over to this site.

-Aaron

Kempsmith08.jpg

I found an old touch screen monitor that was a takeout from a restaurant. Handy for looking at pdf shop manuals. Even with greasy hands I can usually find at least one clean knuckle to navigate through it without goobering up the mouse or keyboard. Also good for streaming old episodes of Rockford Files while I work. :thumbsup:

I insulated my garage and installed a radiant heater. Keeps my hands flexible. I also have an ipod hooked up to an old boombox. I have a sexy women and motorcycle calendar that I enjoy. My favourite though is cold beer and a nice cigar.

A 2002 Mini Cooper S, my 1980 GS450S, (yes stocker guys, I do have a bike with suspension) , Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, Specialized Allez Comp, Giant ALR-1 bicycles, and an unfortunate space I have to keep open for my wife's 4-Runner in the winter.

Things in my garage that now I cant live without:
PC with alldata and xs650.com
Sony amp w/surround sound(connected to pc)
Good overhead lighting
Kickass free desk turned into workbench
Elcheapo cabinets from craigslist spraybombed
Craftsman swivel stool with height adjustment
Coated garage floor

I love my garage even though it is a little small

100_0102.jpg

100_0101.jpg

100_0100.jpg

100_0099.jpg

Nipper the RCA Dog, is a real help in My shop. He looks over My shouder as I work, and lets out a yelp if I screw something up.

Attachments

• Nipper the RCA Dog and shop 066.jpg
    Nipper the RCA Dog and shop 066.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 184
Flat screen tv, heat, and refrigerator full of beer...Not necessarily in that order.

fancyketchup, How do you like that US General service cart? Almost picked one up today. I've read good reviews about it. Also, that is a huge tool box!

olddude13, to be honest, we only use the kegerator a couple of times per year these days. And since it only gets used when we have a lot of people over, and it goes so fast, we just get whatever is cheaper like Michelob Golden Draft Light.. I do like New Glarus Spotted Cow though. http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/beers.cfm?BeerID=7

Ive had that service cart for 3 years, it is absolutely fantastic. You will not find better value for your money. Only problem ive had with it is on a -20 day at work the lifters for the top lid gave out. Oh and both boxes are absolutely stuffed, Im almost out of room!!!

Back