This showed up today.

Kevin Werner

Amatuer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I will look into a leaking petcock and maybe have to clean up carbs. Last riden 6 years ago. I think it is a '91 TZR250 euromarket .
20220705_115425.jpg
20220705_122803.jpg
20220705_122815.jpg
20220705_122847.jpg

Brother's, 300lbs, 45hp, Japan/Great Britian only. The fuel shut off was leaking badly. The fuel shut off is accessible to the rider and is like a vacuum petcok. But the tank has an on/off petcock that requires tank removal to access. I flat sanded the diaphragm mating surface which improved things. The pri/on/res mechanism got cleaned up and measured. Reassembled, cut fuel hose back 3/4 inch to unspoiled hose and all worked good. Idle and main Circuits are probably gummed. I added a healthy dose of naptha to the fuel and ran it a bit on enrich then off, on again, then off. It will sit overnight. Carbs are on the front of the engine with convoluted plumbing to the airfilter under the front of the tank. Exhaust straight out the back of the block to cambers under the seat tailsection. I rode this year's ago. The power valve motor pulls decent to 6 grand or so then gets exciting to 11500.

Oh man, that one is on my bucket list. If you ever want to sell it, I'm your guy. Serious!
I am afraid my brother won't part with it. If he did, I would own it for a week or two and then sell it to you. I moved it in the garage today and realized I "don't bend like that" anymore....

I am afraid my brother won't part with it. If he did, I would own it for a week or two and then sell it to you. I moved it in the garage today and realized I "don't bend like that" anymore....
That's cool, just had to ask. Probably for the best as I don't "bend like that" anymore either. :laugh2: But what an awesome and rare bike.

Starts on enrich but nothing else. Lots of varnish in the bowls of the flat slide Mikunis. It takes a fair amount of finesse to get bowls off and a coolant drain and disassembly to get carbs off. I will clean up the bowls and blow carb cleaner through the main, needle and pilot jets and see where that gets me.
16575521551554071874902414021976.jpg

Wow! That looks like a PITA to work on!
The air snorkelers for the front facing carbs snakes up to the airbox under the seat. The radiator has to be loosened to move the air snorkel far enough to access the float bowl screws. No way was I going to risk removing the floats, just spray clean at the needle while bouncing the floats gently. The mains and needles were well plugged. It took some long sprays with the nozzle/tube stuck in the main before I heard (can't see :) ) the cleaner spraying through the needle into the carb bore. Reassembly is pushing thing together you can see but not reach. PITA indeed.
Started first kick, idles nice, revs clean, doesn't drip.leak. Brother will be over soon to test ride.

Last edited:
Back