Throttling Down Into A Stall

itsmattyc

Chase The Sunset
Reaction score
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everybody!

It has been too long, but I need your wisdom again.

This is all in neutral on a kickstand as I am currently unable to ride my bike but have been working on it in my garage/the driveway.
1. The bike idles a little "cough-y" or weak around 12-1300 RPMs but she idles great around 14-1500 so I set the idle in that vicinity.

2. To simulate riding conditions I throttled the bike up to around 3500 RPM for about a minute and let it fall down to idle...it gets a little weak but stays alive.

3. I throttled the bike to around 5000 RPM for 10 seconds and let it fall to idle and the bike stalls out completely. After repeated trials anything 3800+RPMs falling to idle results in the bike stalling.

4. If I release the throttle but "catch" it so to speak around 2500 RPMs and let it fall from there to idle the bike idles fine.

While I understand how to keep the bike from stalling now, I would really like to fix this issue and I'm not sure how. The carbs are practically brand new as I bought them medium blasted and rebuilt and then had a friend rebuild them again to make sure they were in good condition. The bike has a stock carbs/exhaust setup with uni filters. Thanks for any help or advice!

Back