Tommaselli Throttle

I've used Tommaselli products on several of my bikes. They're very nice. I can't say for sure that one will work with your 650 but I will say this - it's Italian, it will make you go faster, lol.

Well Im trying to get a better working throttle setup on a bike I just bought with the Mikes XS perf carb kit..was hoping this would work.

I haven't used that particular single cable control but have a dual cable control on one of my Guzzi's and really like it. They are nicely made and work smoothly.
I think it should work well, good luck.
Pete

I have a Tommaselli Super Practic B throttle on my XS using the MikesXS Mikuni VM throttle cable and VM carbs. Works great.

CA9520090330002.jpg

CA9520090330003.jpg

CA9520090330004.jpg

CA9520090330018.jpg

I do really like the throttle. I have another one for an SR500 I'm working on but it's not in as nice shape. It comes with a little brass barrel that you screw down onto the cable, so you can shorten the throttle cable all you want and just cut it to length and cinch it down.

Has been working without fail for 3 years now.

I have the super practic as well. With the carb springs ( Mikuni VM34s ) being the only thing that closes the hand throttle, I'm finding the tomasselii just a little too stiff ( even with no friction on the sprung screw ) for the carb springs to smoothly close the throttle when rolling off.

That something you've bumped up against ? Maybe I need to strip it and lightly lubricate.

I would say yes. Throttle assemblies need to be lubed, both where the twist grip rotates against the bar and in the housing. For all metal assemblies, I use a light grease. For plastic throttle tubes, I use white lithium grease.

Hi tidd,
looks real nice and so it should, for the price of it. ~Cad$110 delivered fer Chrissake!
However, the thing to watch in a "racing throttle" is the pull distance.
That grip looks like it opens REAL quick. If you are happy with that, fine.

Back