Too Loud - Chop Version lol

Hyde

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey folks, same boat as Peanut's recent post, just a different angle. I think my age is beginning to come through..... chop is prepping for Ontario "safety" certification. Have to fab a buncha stuff up to pass "but" while it's apart. As much as I enjoy the Pandamonium straight pipes.... this thing is too loud. Being the neighborhood hooligan isn't overly appealing nor being on the OPP radar as roll past a patrol car in the back roads.

Of all the exhaust systems over in Mike's - does anyone know which of these is friendly with TC Bros forward controls? I worry the down pipes are going to not pass by the brackets and center support bar. Bike is babied so exposure to rain/dirt etc highly minimal if theres a long term problem with chrome pitting/flaking from exposure to the elements, not worried about that.

As a follow-up, anyone know off the top of their heads how the brackets for the muffler portions attach to the frame? My initial thought would be a U-Bolt/Bracket and then drill out the muffler hanger to align.

Just curious if anyone has a recommendation or seen others do this in the past here. Thanks folks!

Hi Hyde,
the trash bins behind Harley stores are allegedly full of new "take-off" H-D mufflers. Try there for a bargain.
When my XS11 exhaust rotted out I swapped in a pair of Triumph mufflers I got for $30 the pair at a swap meet:-
P1010212.jpg

Great thread TwoMany, I'll dig through that and see if I've got anymore "fabrication" left in me LOL.

Fred, that actually seems like a perfectly feasible swap over. How much of a pipe diameter difference was there between the original XS header and that Triumph muffler?

- - - Fred, that actually seems like a perfectly feasible swap over. How much of a pipe diameter difference was there between the original XS header and that Triumph muffler?

Hi Hyde,
the stock system was rotted as far forward as the 2 into1 adapter boxes both sides.
I made sure that the welded in repairs extension pipes were just the right diameter for the Triumph mufflers to fit over.

Back