transfer from 650rider!!!

BiffTirkle

addict
Reaction score
its been a while since i was on the forums, i clicked my 650rider link only to find out its now an archive. which is awesome that we didnt loose all that valuable info. ill have to start a new thread on my project i still have yet to finish.

the main purpose of this post is to let everyone know i am very happy to be a part of this forum, and xs650 community. its good to see people from 650rider on here!!!!

im still building my hard tail bike. really im just waiting to finish my powder coating oven im building. the bike is pretty much almost done, all ive got to do is wire it up, powdercoat it and thats it!

as i was/am waiting to finish my oven, i started a soft tail bobber project, i am very excited about that. ill post pics and all soon.

thanks again everyone for all the help, advice and positive support!

Yep, lot's of 650 Rider members here that joined before, during, and after the "dark period" of 650 Rider. Glad to have ya!

Have any pictures of the oven build?

http://www.650rider.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3343#35931

theres the link to the 650rider thread i started.

and yes, i was just thinking of bringing that picture over here!

you know, i did contemplate changing my name, but if i did id have to start all over and explain who i was! so its easier this way. yeah, its a silly name, but at least its not my real name! haha

ill post pics of the oven when i have a chance.

heres an upadate on why i havent got the bikes done.

started the kitchen renovations, theyre still going on.
i have a 2 year old, and we had a boy last august.
my wife works every other weekend.
so the week days im working and chasing the kids after work, then its off to bed to do it all again
weekends i have off are dedicated to the house.

a few buds and i have managed to start a club, well its a ccma - classic custom motor association.
so that is helpful is motivating me.

i also managed to get a welder, a millermatic 211, and an oxy acet setup.

lots of stuff to do, not enough time to do it.

thanks again and its good to to see you guys!

xs1961 hows that pic? so far its one of my favorites! it cracks me up, makes me look like a convict. i had to fight from laughing which is what made me look like im mad!

Hi Biff. Gawd, you look like a serial killer:yikes:..In youre previous photo you were more like a hitman..:D
Youre description family/home life couldve been written for me! Whatever you do dont let her talk you into selling a bike(or 2) to buy a family-sized car like I did :doh:.. At least my two-year-old is intrested in my sidecar in the garage :wink2:

haha! i know, that moustache was awesome! i shaved it because my brother put me in a bad mood, i cant have a stache if im upset or mad. i just cant take myself seriously!

my wife is awesome! she supports my bike habit as long as it doesnt cut into the family budget. which fortunately my side jobs (i am an appliance repair technician) completely support my bike habit. and she would never expect me to sell any of my bikes.

and, we're done having kids after the 2nd! really!

Onya Biff, glad you made it over. We hang a pic of your old 650rider avatar over the fireplace, keeps the kids away from it...........What the hell is a BiffTirkle anyway????????
:cheers:

ha, nice!
when i shave my stache off, my daughter always asks "daddy where'd your mustache go?" its so damned cute! my wife told her i didnt have it now, and she replied "daddys mustache is in daddys work truck!" kids are fun!

currently i am sans mustache. got a weeks beard and workin for the chops again.

Back