Tri-Spark ignition for Yamaha XS650

Well it looks like something may have gone pear shaped when I went through the check out.

No experience on an XS but Trispark Gen 3 is awesome on my '72 Norton.

The model is known hard to start due to high compression, but with the Trispark it occasionally fires up while just rolling the engine over to find TDC. (kickstart only on the '72)

Trispark went thru some teething pains with the earlier generations, but that was years ago and I'm certain the current offerings are very robust.

Really? How so?
The conversion site rounded down to 435... but I'd guess I'm within a few dollars.

Sorry, Things got crossed up. My laptop started to sound like an XS startermotor. I was trying to post and get finished my writing. Got mixed up with the quotes. Disregard. Removed post

Last edited:
This ignition looks like it wold convert to a 270 or 277 Re-phase very easily. just make a new a cam and change the lobe to suit.

Hope the Tri-spark owner comes on for a few Q & A's

Hi guys
Recently purchased the Trispark Compass for my C mod, next project is wiring so hope to have something to report back on before spring in Aus, finish is very good and like the electronic advance because my Heiden Shel #1 cam has damage at the advance end so wont take factory advance now.
Will post outcome and pics when wired.

Back