For Sale - Triumph style tank and side cover badges

I'm jaked up to get these. I'm go'n to start on my next personal xs after the build off. I'm go'n to have to get the tank out of my stash of parts and bolt them on just to see what they look like! It should go good with the amal carbs and trump tank.

Heres the Badges on my bike I like them!
1979XS650HERITAGESPECIAL13453MILES001_zps787bf794.jpg

Looks like I under estimated the demand for the guys with Special tanks. I am in the process of finishing my last pair of Special blanks. They are verbally sold and have 2 people waiting in the wings in case those buyers change their minds.

Still have a couple of Standard blanks that I think I can re-curve (with heat) to the contour of a Special tank. Haven't tried it yet, but could get back to you on that though.

Thanks for the interest.

resto

Hi
Thanks for responding. I guess if you can reform the ones to fit a Special, I would be interested. Or, failing that, put me on the list for the next batch.

Thanks!

They are shaped for the Yamaha tanks. But I do have the "masters" which are real modified Triumph badges. They would screw right on, plus have the advantage of having real chrome on them. I wasn't intending to sell them, but I could.

full

Another option is to shape the white unfinished blanks with a heat gun (works quite well). But then you would have to finish them on your own.

full
Hi Resto, Im wondering if you still sell this badges? In interested in the metal ones, im planning on making a xs650 to look like a triumph tr6. Im am also interested in other emblems you make. Waiting for your response and thanking you in advance.

I'll get a picture of the ones I have left. Unfortunately, no tank badges left (even the resin ones). The metal ones in the picture above went out to a guy who was putting a real Triumph tank on his XS.
The last pair of tank ones I made were for my bike (a '77) and I used aluminum for those. Very, very labour intensive. Picture of mine attached.

Attachments

• fs8.JPG
    fs8.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 52
Here's the pics of what I have left. They are all cast in pewter. The Yamaha ones (in the Triumph font) are still unfinished (raw castings). I laid one of the side cover ones on an old side cover to show the size.

Attachments

• IMG_5495.JPG
    IMG_5495.JPG
    635.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5497.JPG
    IMG_5497.JPG
    723.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5498.JPG
    IMG_5498.JPG
    689.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5499.JPG
    IMG_5499.JPG
    558.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5502.JPG
    IMG_5502.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 47
I'll get a picture of the ones I have left. Unfortunately, no tank badges left (even the resin ones). The metal ones in the picture above went out to a guy who was putting a real Triumph tank on his XS.
The last pair of tank ones I made were for my bike (a '77) and I used aluminum for those. Very, very labour intensive. Picture of mine attached.
Wow, thats a beauty and your work is the icing on the cake .
Oh man thats a bummer but I understand, thats is what im doing, it has taking me a long time but I finally have a tr6 tank with chrome trim and rack and both trophy fenders plus the lucas lights and im trying to get the seat to look like the one with the white top and white trim.
Do you happen to have any of the other ones you have done?, im attaching pictures

Maybe I could attach the yamaha pewter badge to the triumph harmonica badge.

Thank you

Attachments

• 7F30E918-A446-43E3-84D6-0A1EE83FDE31.jpeg
    7F30E918-A446-43E3-84D6-0A1EE83FDE31.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 048F5827-59C1-4E7C-9E23-EDED328807B9.jpeg
    048F5827-59C1-4E7C-9E23-EDED328807B9.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 43
  • B0EC03FE-4FD6-47CA-8DFA-67595BF5B34D.jpeg
    B0EC03FE-4FD6-47CA-8DFA-67595BF5B34D.jpeg
    694.3 KB · Views: 44
Here's the pics of what I have left. They are all cast in pewter. The Yamaha ones (in the Triumph font) are still unfinished (raw castings). I laid one of the side cover ones on an old side cover to show the size.
I am interested in purchasing
Here's the pics of what I have left. They are all cast in pewter. The Yamaha ones (in the Triumph font) are still unfinished (raw castings). I laid one of the side cover ones on an old side cove
I am definetely interested in buying some of them, how can we get in contact?

I'll contact your through the conversation feature on this forum, then you can just respond to start a coversation.

My original intention with the Triumph font Yamaha badges was to do a fifty's Thunderbird style tank. Never did get around to making the bead roller required for the side trim. Also, here's some pics of those raw badges after they have been dressed with a file and some sandpaper. Pewter is about the same weight and stiffness as lead, so can be bent fairly easily to work with the curves of tanks.
Also attached are some pics of the inspiration for the triangular emblem. A master was made of plastic, and the later ones, "wings" were added to the master before the pewter casting process. The "winged" ones can have the wings cut off to get back to the triangle shape. I added some to 1/8" aluminum plates to make the alternator covers, attaching them to the aluminum with JB Weld. Because they are not concaved like the real Yamaha covers, you have to put a spaced behind them or else they will contact the alternator brushes.

Attachments

• fs11.JPG
    fs11.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 43
  • pewter xs650 badge pic11.jpg
    pewter xs650 badge pic11.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 43
  • pewter xs650 badge pic18.jpg
    pewter xs650 badge pic18.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 042811121a.jpg
    042811121a.jpg