TROUBLESHOOTING A PMA...KICK ONLY NO BATTERY....THAT STARTED THE BIKE ONCE...

I am with you brother. Any suggestions re battery. I'm not exactly certain how small a battery I can run so that it will still be sufficient to get a spark at the plugs. I don't wanna waste money on a small battery and then not have it work and have to buy a bigger one so I'm wondering if anybody out there has done this or if you have any idea
Sorry no suggestions I've messed with some DIY lithium batteries with near disastrous results so far but I'm not giving up :whistle:. I will comment that cheap voltage regulators are no bargain, battery and ignition destroying regulator/rectifier failures allowing uncontrolled (high) voltage, have been reported many times here and on many other forums.
takes very little battery to make a spark with a PMA.
Basic wiring, operation with a PMA; a headlight switch, off for starting, but always turn the headlight on as soon as the bike is running. I am a major fan of a visible voltmeter, little digital gauges are dirt cheap and help with a lot of "issues"

Last edited:
Not done this but on the first picture there is a car in the background ..cant that Auto battery be disconnected and used
for a short test ..
Please someone with better info on this come in.
I am No electrical expert but if it is 12 V my first assumption would be that the circuit itself ,,restricts current
One must of course be careful connecting If something is fried as sits
But again someone else give a more experienced opinion

Back