Truing stand

All I use mainly is the cheapest spray paint I can find. But what I have discovered over the years is that you want to prime it first, then the finish color, or it will rust through.

I made a dead-nuts simple balancing rig because I didn't have one to hand...
View attachment 230515
I doubt it would be any good for building a spoked wheel, but if'n when I need one I'll make one.
All I use mainly is the cheapest spray paint I can find. But what I have discovered over the years is that you want to prime it first, then the finish color, or it will rust through.
I try to use what ever I already have...:) I have 2 milk crates full of rattle cans from kids school projects, yard decoration projects, kids fender bender touch up, etc. On a good day I go through 2 or 3 that are "dead" and toss them before I find 1 that works. :)

The one I fabricated about 16-17 years ago to balance wheels, 6" channel, precision bearings, adjustable for width and stepped axle diameters.
The other I picked up a few years ago after a local Facebook Marketplace advert.
True truing stand, tapered cones for bearings or swing up precision bearings, and simple "V" notches to rest axles in, also an integral dial indicator mounting rod.
IMG_20221211_142209092.jpg
IMG_20221211_142141678.jpg

Last edited:
Back