Wanted - Twin Front brake set up

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I am after any components to make my front end a twin disc set up, and remain aesthetically Yamaha, anything including the brake hose splitter
CALLIPERS 1.jpg

Attachments

• CALLIPERS 2.jpg
    CALLIPERS 2.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 93
  • CALLIPERS 3.jpg
    CALLIPERS 3.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 99
  • CALLIPERS 4.jpg
    CALLIPERS 4.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 94
Hello Leslie.
I think you should change the title to "Wanted". You may get better results in your search.
Best of luck

Search eBay for a SR500 left rotor and caliper and dual master cylinder from Mike’s XS

Search eBay for a SR500 left rotor and caliper and dual master cylinder from Mike’s XS
OHrider any year in particular for the SR500, and thank you your a star. I was going to alter the master to a 1.8 ration off a XS750/850 which are both twin callipers.

I want to use Yamaha parts were it is possible, they dont have to be OEM for the XS650, build the bike up and refurb all the furniture satin/gloss black

78,79,80 are the only years that Yamaha made the SR500. The SR had a left brake the XS had a right. All the front rotors are the same, the rear is smaller. I got the SS brake line kit for a XS750\850. Because of the lower bars I hand them cut 2-3 inches off the line going to the spitter. I got the SS lines from Spiegler.

78,79,80 are the only years that Yamaha made the SR500. The SR had a left brake the XS had a right. All the front rotors are the same, the rear is smaller. I got the SS brake line kit for a XS750\850. Because of the lower bars I hand them cut 2-3 inches off the line going to the spitter. I got the SS lines from Spiegler.
OH, thank you I'm on it.

Hi I am after any components to make my front end a twin disc set up, and remain aesthetically Yamaha, anything including the brake hose splitter View attachment 210401
Hi Leslie,
use a second XS650 front brake disk or any brake disk from any year XS11.
Use a left-side caliper from a 500 single or any year XS750/850/1100 STANDARD.
(note that the XS750/850/1100 Specials' weird Harold front calipers DO NOT SWAP}
Stock M/C will give a nice feel but only if you use wire-braid brake hoses

Hi Leslie,
use a second XS650 front brake disk or any brake disk from any year XS11.
Use a left-side caliper from a 500 single or any year XS750/850/1100 STANDARD.
(note that the XS750/850/1100 Specials' weird Harold front calipers DO NOT SWAP}
Stock M/C will give a nice feel but only if you use wire-braid brake hoses
Lads,
I managed to sort a set, plus the disc's, they will be here Monday 25th, they were listed as XS 750, so lets hope they are correct from a bike breakers yard.View attachment 212678
xs750 brake lines 2.jpg
xs750 brake lines 3.jpg

Lads,
I managed to sort a set, plus the disc's, they will be here Monday 25th, they were listed as XS 750, so lets hope they are correct from a bike breakers yard.View attachment 212678View attachment 212679View attachment 212680
Hi Leslie,
the XS750 Standard left-side caliper will work on your XS650.
The XS750 front brake disks are the same smaller diameter as the XS650's rear brake so at least they'll add to your parts stash.
Your stock front brake lever will work dual calipers but you gotta use wire braid brake lines or the lever will go back to the grip before the brakes work. I used a long adapter bolt to run dual brake lines from the brake lever to each caliper.
Also, consider drilling the disks full of holes, several conflicting theories about why doing that improves braking but it does.

Last edited:
Back