ugh...Pamco help needed

ChopperRobb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
does anyone happen to know what size the bolts are that are used to hold down the pamco plate for adjusting timing and such? ive lost or misplaced mine and would like to get to the hardware store to grab a few so i can get on with this build. any help is greatly appreciated.
robb

Thanx TwoMany!! that worked just fine.
Now for another question...
i'm guessing if my advance doesn't "snap back" that must mean the springs are shot??? (ive already cleaned and lubed the advance rod and bushings)

That's usually the case, yes, as long as the advance rod is turning freely and not binding up in the cam. Have you checked that? Pull the little disc off the advance end that ties the rod to the advance weights and see if the rod spins easily and freely.

If the springs do turn out to be the culprit, you can often fix that by shortening them. Cut the "hook" off one end and bend the next coil out to act as a new hook. Only do one spring to start, many times that's enough.

So i checked the advance rod, cleaned it off, cleaned out the inside of the camshaft that the rod goes through and all is fine. I used motor oil as the lube because it seemed the grease caused too much sticking of the advance rod and wouldn't let it snap back. i also cut off half a ring of spring and bent it up so it would be a new hook, Thanks for the tip 5twins!

Back