Uk or import

That 80, (says its a 79 but irs an 80), is real nice. Know your after spokes but as an alternative i would say its a good buy.

Had a look through the car and classic for 70-86 Yamahas. Lots of nice bikes and as over here the early DT's, XT/TT's, RD's fetch good prices. A couple of nice XS850's and XS1100's and a rearl nice rare 1.1S for a good price.

Here is a 77 in your price range
https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1440315
https://assets.carandclassic.com/uploads/cars/yamaha/C1440315/1977-yamaha-xs650-624aeb27a844a.jpg?ar=16%3A9&auto=enhance%2Ccompress&fill=solid&fill-color=%23000000&fit=fill&h=2160&ixlib=php-3.3.1&q=100&w=3840&s=72526c96d56dc1866fd59a345e60b8d1

Anyone fancy a small wager on what it will make.
I'm predicting £2,500 to £2,750, but I could be surprised yet

I Dont know UK Prices but with dents all over the bike i feel 2750 is to high
Maybe just maybe if a startup was possible and listening so that the mileage is right
Forking out 2750 not knowing how the motor is I would be nervous.
Tank repair and new muffler to factor in..
But again I dont know UK Prices.

1663419191180.png

I may make him a direct offer today my car should be being collected this afternoon. He reckons he's got a reserve of £3k but I don't believe that, who'd say what their reserve is!

If it dont make £3k I'll join the Foreign Legion..... or maybe just go cry in a corner!
Having studied eBay for a while, I'd say now is a pretty dumb time to list anything.
The Royal funeral and all the hoo-ha that goes with it will distract folk from things like buying next summers motorcycle project

I just got strong money for my Flame red 172 but that wasn't on an auction site. He's had a fair few bids already

Came with new unfitted stantions and fork seals from Heiden, spare exhausts, chrome luggage rack thing, new oil, carb rebuild kit and a big storage box of parts which I've yet to go through. Its had new rear shocks fitted and a few other things I forget.

Main thing is it was 20 mins away so no huge journey which meant I've been able to view it twice and ride it.

£2999.99 ± 1p

Came with new unfitted stantions and fork seals from Heiden, spare exhausts, chrome luggage rack thing, new oil, carb rebuild kit and a big storage box of parts which I've yet to go through. Its had new rear shocks fitted and a few other things I forget.

Main thing is it was 20 mins away so no huge journey which meant I've been able to view it twice and ride it.

£2999.99 ± 1p
Well I said £3k so I don’t have to join the Foreign Legion or cry in me pint.
Pis*ed I didn’t get it though! 😂🤣🥳

So what's the plan now ?
You gonna put some miles on it ?
Yeah I think I'll use it a bit and see where I'm going to go with it. It I do modify it I'm planning on nothing that can't be reversed and store all original parts. That said I love how it looks as it is except the bars feel a bit high so some euro bars might be the answer it the clutch and throttle cables and brake hose will take up the slack.

Back