universal wiring harness

Gcraay

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone found a reasonably priced universal wiring harness. Something that just does it all.
For 300 Badlands makes one for Harleys. It mentions or custom builds, but I would rather have something that I don't have to modify. It has control boxes and everything.
Just asking if anyone has other suggestions.

Yes I do make custom harnesses to what you need.
My Basic harness is $125.00 and has all the wires for lights/brake switch/ignition/horn/ and it comes with a small box that has all the switches in or you can take them out and make your own box.
I also do complete custom harnesses with new handle bar switches and turn signals . This is more money
Last I do a complete bobber setup with the TC BROTHERS fake tank /battery box/and wires for a complete setup and with everything $300.00
All of my harnesses are shrink wrapped and all ends tagged for easy install.
If you need more info contact me at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM
HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY
RICH

There is no such thing as universal wiring harness. If you want just a bare bones harness it will have what you need. This won't work with one that has all the wiring for all the stock devices on the later bikes.
As DADDYG says, a basic starts out at $125 and adding options adds to the price.
I would wire it myself. It can save you some money and you will learn a lot about your bike.
Leo

There is no such thing as universal wiring harness. If you want just a bare bones harness it will have what you need. This won't work with one that has all the wiring for all the stock devices on the later bikes.
As DADDYG says, a basic starts out at $125 and adding options adds to the price.
I would wire it myself. It can save you some money and you will learn a lot about your bike.
Leo
yes there is Leo, usually comes in 100ft. lenghts wound on a spool, in any color you would like

Point taken. That's the one I was talking about in my last couple sentences.
Leo

I tore my harness out after getting a brain cramp looking at the wiring diagram. (blow it up on a computer) Starting from scratch. I agree its the best way to learn even though its a pain. Download a simple diaphragm from this site.

Here is one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 308
Thanks, but I'm looking at one from a company called Thunder Heart. They have one designed around a V twin Harley. They say it has been used on Xs650 builds before. It's about 275-300 but it's set up pretty neat, and it offers led lights for diegnosing problems and everything. It takes over for, I believe all the old electric controls. I tnink it's about 8x1.5x3 maybe smaller.

I have seen that one before not a new company. All the ends are marked in numbers if its the one I am thinking about. Its made for Harley's and comes with all the controls but they are for 1" bars not 7/8" bars. I use to use one like that years ago until I started to make my own.
I do sell a complete kit for XS650 in two styles
FIRST style complete is TC BROTHERS fake tank and battery box with
IGNITION SWITCH
HORN BUTTON
HIGH/LOW for LIGHTS
NEUTRAL LIGHT
on fake tank and all the wires for complete install
SECOND one is TC BROTHERS fake tank (only) and both new handlebar controls so all the switches are on handlebars plus all wires for install
Both of these kits are done ... Lay it out on frame hook up battery and wires for parts and ride . Both kits are don't use relays and have 4 position fuse box
KIT one or two complete are $350.00 with all the switches and parts to make install easy. A lot of guys on here buy my $125.00 kit and its easy to make that kit do what you want for your bike.
Its fun to do it yourself and understand the wiring but all guys don't want to hassle the cost of switches-wire-shrink wrap-tools to make it right.
My wire starter wire kit sells for $50.00 shipped in USA. If you went to buy just the 7 color wires and shrink wrap you would spend that. Wire rolls of 25' at auto stores go as high as $7.00 a roll I buy in bulk to keep cost down.
KEEP CHOPPIN:thumbsup:
Rich

I don't know about your kit. I have seen some seriously bad reviews about your business ethics. Not that they are necessarily true, but I have to go with what I can find out. These reviews were not just things like slow reply or bad instructions, they mentioned how you charged a guy a ton for work that took forever, and wasn't even done right. It makes you sound like a scam artist just trying to make a few bucks off a scam and not an honest living. You could understand how this may make someone uneasy about dealing with you.

Do you have a breakdown of your unit that takes over for all the old wiring? Maybe some pics, and a pdf of an instruction manual.

I have a hughs PMA on a Hughs rephased cam and crank. Also a Pamco pete ignition.
I'm stripping all the old wires, and looking to go all LED. turn, high, low, stop, running, everything. Also hopefully a smaller compact Anti-gravity battery. Likely their 8 cell

240 Cranking Amps- (Cranking Amps are the power the battery has)
9Ah (PB Eq) - Amp Hours are the Capacity of a Battery

So, let me see what you can do, and I'll consider your product.

As for the electrical box, can I get something other then what you mentioned and send it to you? I'm thinking something on the funkier side I may make one. Give me the needed dimensions.

Again, I'm just unsure as of yet.

Sorry you feel that way and I don't need to defend myself for what people write. I been in business since the 70's and along the way you cannot but run into someone that may or may not agree with you.. Just trying to help you out and save you some money for a product that may not work 100% for what you are trying to do.
I will pass and good luck with your build. No hard feelings.
Rich

Rich AKA "DADDYGCYCLES" Is a stand up guy. I've purchased a wiring harness amongst many other things and Rich has always provided great support and parts always come as described.

What ever dude, I'm just trying to watch my back. Or wallet as the case may be. I didn't say I believed the story, but would you jump into business with a report like that? I do need the harness, and if your the guy to go to then Im willing to do business. If your going to blow off a potential customer then fine, I guess we're done. I don't do that in my job, but I'm not the boss so I don't have that luxury.

Back