UPDATE: my Phase 3 COVID19 vaccine trial experience

Update:
I got an unexpected call from the clinic handling the Phase Three J&J trial that I am enrolled in. They wanted to know if I wanted to get the vaccine. They explained that if I came in, they would "unblind" me -- see if I got the vaccine or placebo, and then, if I got placebo, they would give me the real vaccine. So, I said sure, and went in. It turns out that I got the real vaccine back in November. Before I as unblinded, it was like my other visits -- they drew blood and interviwed me. They also did a nasal swab -- my first since my initial visit. I think they went in my nose about an inch shallower than the first swab -- it wasn't nearly as bad.
I am still part of the trial, which is scheduled to last two years. In order to asses long-term efficacy of the vaccine. My visits are becoming further and further apart. I've had 5 so far since November, but I'm not due again until December.
I’m scheduled to get a J&J next month. I have a renewed interest in your trial.

It turns out that I got the real vaccine back in November. Before I as unblinded, it was like my other visits -- they drew blood and interviwed me.

DogBunny, good news! And I know it is usually reserved for military members but I think it is just as applicable to to you and others in the trials.

"Thank you for your service!"

Update:
I got an unexpected call from the clinic handling the Phase Three J&J trial that I am enrolled in. They wanted to know if I wanted to get the vaccine. They explained that if I came in, they would "unblind" me -- see if I got the vaccine or placebo, and then, if I got placebo, they would give me the real vaccine. So, I said sure, and went in. It turns out that I got the real vaccine back in November. Before I as unblinded, it was like my other visits -- they drew blood and interviwed me. They also did a nasal swab -- my first since my initial visit. I think they went in my nose about an inch shallower than the first swab -- it wasn't nearly as bad.
I am still part of the trial, which is scheduled to last two years. In order to asses long-term efficacy of the vaccine. My visits are becoming further and further apart. I've had 5 so far since November, but I'm not due again until December.

That is terrific news DB! And good for you for taking part in an important program!
6C79B9C8-FDB7-48E7-980B-065D0F862F0A.jpeg

Well, thanks, I do appreciate it, but getting into the trial was totally self-serving. Do you remember how scary things were when we first went into lock-down? No one knew how quickly it would spread or how deadly it would be, and we all imagined the worst. I figured a 50-50 chance of receiving a vaccine that might work was better than zero chance.
And, I was, in fact, in the military -- the Navy. But that too, was kind of self-serving. Things were a lot different in 1979 when I joined. Guys didn't enlist because they were patriotic. They joined because they were out of options (like me), or, in lots of cases, because a judge presented that with the choice of enlisting or going to jail. The military was not prestigious, they had trouble recruiting, and they weren't picky.

Well, thanks, I do appreciate it, but getting into the trial was totally self-serving. Do you remember how scary things were when we first went into lock-down? No one knew how quickly it would spread or how deadly it would be, and we all imagined the worst. I figured a 50-50 chance of receiving a vaccine that might work was better than zero chance.
And, I was, in fact, in the military -- the Navy. But that too, was kind of self-serving. Things were a lot different in 1979 when I joined. Guys didn't enlist because they were patriotic. They joined because they were out of options (like me), or, in lots of cases, because a judge presented that with the choice of enlisting or going to jail. The military was not prestigious, they had trouble recruiting, and they weren't picky.
Your honesty is worth some applause.

If the Johnson and Johnson vaccine only requires one shot, couldn't they just drop one of the "Johnsons". There's a variant of the virus that first turned up in South Africa. In this country, the first place it emerged was South Carolina. I think the key word here is "South". Watch out South Dakota, but then it will just go away.

If the Johnson and Johnson vaccine only requires one shot, couldn't they just drop one of the "Johnsons". .

Good point!

And I'm glad that Dogbunny got the right Johnson to stab him! There has to be a good joke of MEME in there but as it's 6 am and I have not had my first coffee I'll leave it to someone else!

Anyone ever read the detailed warnings on the different covid-19 vaccines...the one's listed from the CDC on the total liability disclaimers you have to agree to to get a shot? The ones they bury so deep, a majority of the US public can't peel the layers off to find? Has anyone read "Dr. Mary's Monkey"??? It is a book that depicted the journey of someone from Bradenton,FL as a young girl who gets into a research lab program (as a student) and further recruited to join an experimental lab in New Orleans, LA. doing research on monkey viruses....this was in the early 1960's. just over 50 years after the assignation of JFK, this same woman wrote a book called "Lee and Me" about how she was introduced to Lee Harvey Oswald in New Orleans and became his 'mistress'....it wasn't a random meeting. Interesting reading for this time in history with so many questions about this pandemic virus(s).....and the present day labs that study them..(produce them?????????). Get it at Goodwill Books for 2-3$$. If you read it I'll tell you why my phone rang off the hook after it came out.
>>

Last edited:
After seeing that CDC and X-Files cut it makes me glad I've kept wearing my Aluminum foil hat since the vaccination, even though the scratching on my pillow makes sleep difficult. It takes 96 hours for the microchip to deactivate, so that leaves one more restless night of sleep.

Last edited:
After see that CDC and X-Files cut it makes me glad I've kept wearing my Aluminum foil hat since the vaccination, even though the scratching on my pillow makes sleep difficult. It takes 96 hours for the microchip to deactivate, so that leaves one more restless night of sleep.
I prefer the method I used, running my old Farmall BN tractor with the magneto and solid copper core wires. It burns out the circuits in the chip but did cause a bit of a warm stinging sensation for a few seconds right behind my left ear!

Sorry about hi-jacking your thread DogBunny! I'll be quiet now!

Last edited:
Probably shouldn't have put that in this thread. But, the book was interesting and reminded me of all of this covid dialog non stop past year.

Back