UPS

kopcicle

antidisestablishmentarian
Top Contributor
Reaction score
So if dealing with FedEX wasn't bad enough ...

Shipping Companies Security on Gun Shipments Letters (senate.gov)

UPS drops firearm companies and will "destroy packages"... Something is off about this... - YouTube

BREAKING: UPS cancelling gun dealers’ accounts, destroying packages in transit (substack.com)

I didn't post the Senate letters because it's a wall of text. However PLEASE take the time to read, or at least skim as much as you can stand. For the TLDR members, Just click on the Bloob Toob link.

I managed to get my hammers and anvils from "Big Monkey Machine"* in Florida without any trouble in transit.
They informed me that they had received the letter from UPS and are voting with their feet & wallet and won't even ask why.
I guess I'll be doing the same. Not just for hammers and anvils, for everything.
Get WOKE , Go Broke UPS .

*The name is butchered on purpose as they are a bit of an underground business and if you know , you know. No sense in splashing their name in association with my gripe as they have nothing to do with it .

Well if UPS handles those packages as good as they are handling a package from a drug store for me that is probably good news.

Shipment left facility 70 miles from my house on the first of the month. It got to a facility about 25 miles from my house on the same day. They said I would have it on the 2nd of the month.

Now after spending a couple hours last night on the phone with them I get an email saying it is in Harrisburg PA, that's around 250 miles from my house! They now estimate I will have it on the 8th!

Reads like there is a weak link in the reporting of stolen and lost firearms between the manufactures/retailers and the destination resulting in illegal firearms getting into the hands of criminals.

Asking for a list of answers of the procedures and/or any changes that may have been made to any procedures, that may have resulted in guns getting into the hands of criminals, i would think is reasonable and the responsible thing your lawmakers should be doing to make sure the law is followed.

Gun laws01 resize 2000.jpg
Gun laws02 resize 2000.jpg

Does UPS have some proof or are they doing this for their own reasons??..........i think the manufacturer is deserved of the/any proof of violation the UPS claims..........

maybe, (speculation), they want to get out of it on the off chance some one, sues and the postal service gets dragged into the litigation because the guns went through the mail.

Does UPS have some proof or are they doing this for their own reasons??
Dono, you'd have to ask UPS

i think the manufacturer is deserved of the/any proof of violation the UPS claims..........
This I really don't know how to respond to. Actually I fail to to construct a coherent statement within those words. UPS isn't claiming anything. UPS is now refusing to ship for selected customers.

maybe, (speculation), they want to get out of it on the off chance some one, sues and the postal service gets dragged into the litigation because the guns went through the mail.
Okay in pieces
UPS is business for profit that has the right of refusal to do business with any person, persons, or groups as long as it is not deemed or defined as discrimination. They can carry or not carry anything they want or don't want.

Sues whom? Over what? For what?

The postal service? You mean our long suffering and money loosing United States Postal Service?
When did this become a USPS problem? USPS is a US government entity. This is wholly and exclusively about United Parcel Service a private for profit entity.

The highlighted pages you attached show a peculiar talent for out of context quotation and an abysmal grasp of American government.
First,the Brian Freskos foot note leads to a page where I assume I'm supposed to find supporting evidence for the 6,600 guns law enforcement reportedly recovered. Nope, nada, zip,
This number has been repeated many times and and never attributed to an identifiable source.

Next I'll attempt to tackle the government intrusion into the lives of the we, the people.
Five sitting United States Senators signed this/these letters as a shadow pressure campaign to shut off the flow of guns not just to criminals but to law abiding citizens as well. Asking for the names of shippers and recipients violates every kind of right to privacy granted under our constitution. These letters have no force of law. In fact the letter is no more than abuse of power by an elected official regurgitating the same tired liberal, gun grabbing, rhetoric .

@650Skull , I do hope you get to see this and understand it as it was written . This is absolutely not a personal attack. You I could care less about. I seriously believe I'm about to ride the bench for a while over this one. Gary and Travis have been very tolerant of my ways but there are limits. It's the continuing attacks on my personal rights and liberties that concern me. I do hope you get to read this because I doubt it will stay up long.

I have to address your sig line. Anywhere else I am on the interwebz this would be tantamount to forum suicide

"Yet another posting unrelated to the thread by the great whiney one.
The constant whining and crying by all the severe violations that occurs under the dutiful watch of the forum's Barney Fife
ole Barney has never been known for his smarts.
But if Barney decides to continue stirring the pot and baiting myself or other members...
Well...."

I believe you severely misjudge and fail to appreciate the company you're in .

Now, this is personal. You're Australian. You individually, collectively, or otherwise, gave up the right to keep and bear arms. You have no place in this discussion.

Quit burying insults thinly covered by innuendo in your sig line.
Don't call me, don't write me, don't talk to me, and most importantly don't talk about me.
Stay out of my threads unless you have something intelligent and useful to say.
Just, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Dono, you'd have to ask UPS

This I really don't know how to respond to. Actually I fail to to construct a coherent statement within those words. UPS isn't claiming anything. UPS is now refusing to ship for selected customers.

Okay in pieces
UPS is business for profit that has the right of refusal to do business with any person, persons, or groups as long as it is not deemed or defined as discrimination. They can carry or not carry anything they want or don't want.

The postal service? You mean our long suffering and money loosing United States Postal Service?
When did this become a USPS problem? USPS is a US government entity. This is wholly and exclusively about United Parcel Service a private for profit entity.

The highlighted pages you attached show a peculiar talent for out of context quotation and an abysmal grasp of American government.
First,the Brian Freskos foot note leads to a page where I assume I'm supposed to find supporting evidence for the 6,600 guns law enforcement reportedly recovered. Nope, nada, zip,
This number has been repeated many times and and never attributed to an identifiable source.

Next I'll attempt to tackle the government intrusion into the lives of the we, the people.
Five sitting United States Senators signed this/these letters as a shadow pressure campaign to shut off the flow of guns not just to criminals but to law abiding citizens as well. Asking for the names of shippers and recipients violates every kind of right to privacy granted under our constitution. These letters have no force of law. In fact the letter is no more than abuse of power by an elected official regurgitating the same tired liberal, gun grabbing, rhetoric .

@650Skull , I do hope you get to see this and understand it as it was written . This is absolutely not a personal attack. You I could care less about. I seriously believe I'm about to ride the bench for a while over this one. Gary and Travis have been very tolerant of my ways but there are limits. It's the continuing attacks on my personal rights and liberties that concern me. I do hope you get to read this because I doubt it will stay up long.

I have to address your sig line. Anywhere else I am on the interwebz this would be tantamount to forum suicide

The constant whining and crying by all the severe violations that occurs under the dutiful watch of the forum's Barney Fife
But if Barney decides to continue stirring the pot and baiting myself or other members...
Well...."

I believe you severely misjudge and fail to appreciate the company you're in .

Now, this is personal. You're Australian. You individually, collectively, or otherwise, gave up the right to keep and bear arms. You have no place in this discussion.

Quit burying insults thinly covered by innuendo in your sig line.
Don't call me, don't write me, don't talk to me, and most importantly don't talk about me.
Stay out of my threads unless you have something intelligent and useful to say.
Just, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Does UPS have some proof or are they doing this for their own reasons??

Was a question meaning, where the manufactures have complied with the rules and regulations, UPS make claims without any proof..............3rd link

As i said "speculation" they may be using the possibility that if someone sues a manufacturer, (people are trying to do this), and it has been sent through the post they, (postal service may be implicated

Absolutly no prblem with you and as i have said before i respect your opinion especially after wjat you tried to do regarding another member and myself.

Well...."

Should have "Bluzplayer" inserted here to finish the full quote

The only thing missing from this quote is the signature on the bottom.................. The OP is Bluzplayer and it is a direct quote of some of , (couldn't fit it all in), a post that he made, (at me), and it is still in a thread posted on this forum for all to read

Totally agree and, YES this isn't a very nice post. gggGary aslo PM'd me about my Banner with this in it, I think he thought it was referring to him because his Avatar is Barney Fife. When i explained where the quote came from and i would leave it in my Banner as long as the post is still up on the forum................the post has not been removed.............I agree a post like that should be forum suicide........

I will not post in any of your threads from now on............i post this as i feel there has been some confusion of intent and i hope this clears up any confusion on what i said and why.

In all liklyhood this post will be removed as has other post where i have referenced the Adhomin attacks against me...........yet the offending posts stay up..........???????

Hmmm
Thanks for sharing Kop.
I will also be boycotting UPS.
Fortunately my Fed Ex driver is great and I've had no issues. I rarely used Brown anyway.

Just to be clear...
That is not exactly a "quote" on Skulls sig.
It is a carefully selected rewrite utilizing 4 indivudual lines that were in 4 different paragraphs and not in context.. The last line was not just a different paragraph but from a completely different posting than the first three.
Not an unusual tactic.
That last line is actually a bit different when it hasn't been edited for effect.

"You are incorrect in stating it is my goal to run Skull off of the forum. Not even close.
I would prefer a more cordial relationship.
Well....
Let's just say there is an ignore button.
Feel free to use it."

Furthermore I would add that I have privately attempted to broker a truce with Skull for the betterment of this forum.
That has obviously been a failure.
I will make no further replies to the subject on this thread. I just couldn't allow for that fabrication to stand as it has been being presented. Kudos for the failed attempt.

Last edited:
Firearms ain't hi-tech, if you can't buy one you can make one. Just like the killer did in that recent Japanese shooting.
Just takes a half-yard of steam-pipe and a piece of wood. And the black powder recipe ain't been a secret since the 16th Century.

Hello, another Australian here. Just wanted to state for the record that we did not individually, collectively or otherwise give up our right to keep or bear arms. We made it more difficult for a few lunatics to obtain firearms because we collectively and individually felt that the rights of individuals to not be shot and killed while wandering around at a tourist destination was more important. Guns are still available, just a little harder to get hold of. There are now more guns in private ownership in Australia than before the massacre at Port Arthur and the buy back afterwards.. My hunting and fishing friends tell me this proudly as evidence that the laws have failed. I don't care because the important thing is that there has not been another gun massacre in Australia. Thank you for listening.

I don't care because the important thing is that there has not been another gun massacre in Australia.
Like everything, this can be understood with math. The really, really important thing is the number of little old ladies that have been robbed, raped, or beaten to death in the succeeding quarter century because the perp knew they didn't have a firearm. More than 35 I bet...

Like everything, this can be understood with math. The really, really important thing is the number of little old ladies that have been robbed, raped, or beaten to death in the succeeding quarter century because the perp knew they didn't have a firearm. More than 35 I bet...

Considering a trend to recent events I'll be setting up a 40 yard target challenge - handgun, ten rounds, fifteen seconds. 8 out of 10 hits is a pass.........

Don't see any math....:umm:
Are big old ladies excluded............I suppose using the word little is more emotive............ Like those little girls the cops beat up:lmao:

Here, I fixed it for you.

Like everything, this can be understood with math. The really, really important thing is the number of little old ladies that have been robbed or raped at gunpoint or shot and killed in the last quarter century in the USA because the perp had a firearm. More than 35 I bet.

I suppose we were able to sneak in the 40', 15 second, 8 of 10 , as the thread isn't specifically titled ________________________.
Insert your own witty description here.

There are many more forums expressly dedicated to such things.

To return to the "machine parts" that I did receive from Florida, all is well.

To visit the "magazine subscriptions" that have been delayed for whatever reason you'll have to wait on that to play out.

Then there is the 80# receiver hitch that had to be sent via a different carrier. Hearsay at this point but usually a reliable source. (I worked for him for several years.)

Lastly the Heathkit AR-15 https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/heathkit/ar-15.shtml that UPS refused to ship.

and so it goes

I see a lot of companies now in that line of business have their business name, but all shipping info is abbreviations of that business name. For instance a business could be named I Personally Hand Guns To Criminals but their shipping packages will say IPHGTC INC. of course, larger businesses won’t be able to do the same.

I see a lot of companies now in that line of business have their business name, but all shipping info is abbreviations of that business name. For instance a business could be named I Personally Hand Guns To Criminals but their shipping packages will say IPHGTC INC. of course, larger businesses won’t be able to do the same.
Hi Jessee,
a case could be made that everyone should carry a personal firearm and be trained in it's use.
Betcha most mass shooting perpetrators would hesitate to open fire on a crowd that is able to shoot back.

Hi Jessee,
a case could be made that everyone should carry a personal firearm and be trained in it's use.
Betcha most mass shooting perpetrators would hesitate to open fire on a crowd that is able to shoot back.
The key in that is trained in its use. The amount of people who carry that have never been to a carrying course is insane. Ive seen way to many videos of people trying to do the right thing that get themselves or other killed by hesitating or not waiting for their moment. Need to be responsible, carrying is one hell of a responsibility

The key in that is trained in its use. The amount of people who carry that have never been to a carrying course is insane. Ive seen way to many videos of people trying to do the right thing that get themselves or other killed by hesitating or not waiting for their moment. Need to be responsible, carrying is one hell of a responsibility
Yep just handing someone a gun with out training would be like sticking a hormone crazed teenager, who has never rode any thing more powerful than a Schwinn bicycle, on a crotch rocket motor cycle and telling them to have fun! Heck at 72 years of age I'm not sure I should be allowed to ride one of those, the crotch rocket not the Schwinn! I know the Schwinn would probably kill me!

Back