Valve questions

Looks like they're in correctly.... just not evenly spaced...

image.jpg

I do believe you're right, Jim; the enlargement makes it pretty clear. That valve stem tip has cupped pretty deeply; Noidea, think about doing your initial valve lash adjustments with a dial indicator so you're reading the actual contact point instead of the edge of the cup. No need to do that every time; do the first adjustment with the dial indicator, then check what the feeler gauge tells you, and record the correction factor so you can use the feeler gauge for future adjustments. Recheck with the dial indicator every 4th or adjustment or so.

Ditto on 5twins' post #12. Intermixing round/square collets with round/square valve keeper grooves can keep them from fully seating, makes the valve tip protrude too much...

Hey guys sorry for late response back got no internet or data at home so it’s hard. Thanks for replies though! It was just the size of the retainers I’m not completely sure why but some retainers I had were deeper that ridge that holds the valve was just higher than the others I checked the others and it was so. Not sure why just that one was like that though maybe I had it like that and never noticed. I also did the rubber mallet test except with a piece of wood and regular hammer cause no rubber mallet around nothing came popping out. Seems alright UNTIL I put everything back in heard a sort of clicking noise I thought it was from the valve sticking out but turns out my camchain at certain points tightens on its own than goes back to normal like perhaps it skips a tooth or something just for that moment it’s super wierd and I’ll probably have to take the engine out AGAinn:// but check This out see if you guys ever seen this before.

Definantly don’t want to take the engine out again but if I have to so be it never had this happen before. The camshaft mark on the left was 12 o clock while the punch marks on right were 3 and 9 I didn’t take the chain off when I put the camshaft in so what gives??¿

YEaaAa baby I got her running that valve job did the trick.that chain thing I took the engine and head off again and it still did it couldn’t comprehend why it was doing that soo I just put it all together with the tensioner and it doesn’t make the noise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ im doing the timing now she sounds good super loud cuz i have no mufflers at the moment. I have oil leaking past the seal at the points where the orange O-ring is. It’s broken is there anything I could do for that temporarily? I don’t have extra seals gotta order em

Back