Van Islander's TX650A - Quest for a Daily Rider

Mine were dropped off today as well,(I ordered because of this thread) however I won’t be home for another ten days so it will be like getting a homecoming present!

Holy crap. I even created an ebay account and am using the app. $4.24 CDN and they may arrive in 5 weeks. We will see. Worst thing I found out through this experience was that my wife had created an ebay account long time ago. I am so late to this party...
Hilarious!

Holy crap. I even created an ebay account and am using the app. $4.24 CDN and they may arrive in 5 weeks. We will see. Worst thing I found out through this experience was that my wife had created an ebay account long time ago. I am so late to this party...
Hilarious!
Did you get the 36mm or 38mm OD washers?

I’m leaning towards the 38mm diameter washers. I looked on Ali Express and they have crazy good pricing but only let you buy 3 pcs as a “Welcome” deal. I became frustrated trying to find out how to buy additional quantities. Maybe I’ll just get 3 friends to place individual “Welcome” orders - darned Chinese. 🤬

In the ad, the price for 3 pcs is $.68 - deal! Says shipping is $.89. Still a deal! Hit Buy it now and shipping miraculously jumps up to $3.69. Sneaky buggers. I’ll bet most buyers don’t look and just pay the misleading shipping charge. Not for me, just out of principle.

Last edited:
I’m leaning towards the 38mm diameter washers. I looked on Ali Express and they have crazy good pricing but only let you buy 3 pcs as a “Welcome” deal. I became frustrated trying to find out how to buy additional quantities. Maybe I’ll just get 3 friends to place individual “Welcome” orders - darned Chinese. 🤬

In the ad, the price for 3 pcs is $.68 - deal! Says shipping is $.89. Still a deal! Hit Buy it now and shipping miraculously jumps up to $3.69. Sneaky buggers. I’ll bet most buyers don’t look and just pay the misleading shipping charge. Not for me, just out of principle.
Fortune cookie say; you drive poor Chinese merchant broke Mr. Canuck! :D

Back