Vietnamese rearsets

ThatXS650Guy

More Sparky than Speed Racer
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Gang, I bought these rearsets on eBay for cheap. The quality is not bad but I wonder about the fit. I think the linkage is supposed to hang down but since I have the stock exhaust that is not going to work. I have to mount the linkage on top.
Here is the right side:

The old peg mount is in the way so if I use these I'll need to modify the arm so it clears. I don't want to start cutting off stuff I may need later if these don't work out. Also the brake arm will need to be clearance.
Here is the left side:

Not as bad clearance wise but I don't know how comfortable it will be. I doubt I could get my toe under the shifter the way it is mounted. Since I don't have a seat yet I can't really sit on it and check it out. Losing the exhaust would help but I don't want to spend a couple of hundred on a new exhaust to accommodate $50 rearsets.
Suggestions?

Doesn't look like the brake or gear lever will work, the thing to remember with rearsets is your feet face downwards more and the controls have to as well, would be very uncomfortable to bring your foot up to the angle they would have to be at to work,
The other thing is by the look of them they don't fold, ok if you only use the electric start but you wont be able to kick it over on the kickstart

The kick starter actually does clear the foot peg although it is close and I'm sure I would catch it occasionally.
Yeah, I don't think these will work with a stock exhaust just because you can't get the angle right.
Glad I didn't cut anything off yet!
Thanks Jay

Back