Wanted - wanted 19" rear kit

triumph68

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im after a 19" rear wheel converion kit but omars is gone and i carnt get a reply from jim henry . thanks Andrew

Hey doc52............If your machinist friend builds a wheel conversion kit, I would buy one also. Thanks

I'll watch the forum for some pictures, but 'need' one anyway. Let me/us know.

I just sent a check to Jim Henry for his conversion kit on 9/6. Try contacting him at:
racingjim90n@yahoo.com
I don't have his permission to pass his email along, but I got it from this forum on another thread.

Jim Henry got back to me and has made up a kit for me ,he put it in the post this morning . thanks to all the people that got back to me and helped me out . thanks plowboy . andrew from down under

Jim replied to my email and put me on his list......
Hi all, Just got my adapters/spacers/instructions from Jim on Friday. A beautiful bit of machining. I just ordered the bearings (6304-sealed) and went to the hardware store for the allen bolts (12@8X1.25X50). These are beautiful and wonder why Omars charged $100 for a sprocket when the bearings are $20 shipped and the bolts are $15. Just saying.
Go to Jim Henry for you 19" wheel adapters.

Must not have been too bad, cause all of us were happy to pay for the kit.....ha! Kudos to Jim for taking care of you! The sprocket isan oddball piece, tho... the pkg in the kit said the sproket is a Rebel Gear piece, so contact them for it....personally, I'd love to have a 38-40 tooth sprocket, so let me know what they charge for it.....hope it isnt a hundred!!!!!

Way back in May of 2014, I thought I was going to be another HAPY customer too. I sent Robert $1235 for several parts including the wheel kit. He promised 3 weeks. He took my $$ and he knew he wasn't going to fulfill my order when he accepted it. So I had to move forward and find another source. Jim Henry helped me out. nuff said

Omar's were special for his kit, it would not accept stock sprocket. With Jim's you can use any stock sprocket.

$1235 gone? I would be really difficult to deal with...youre a better man than I, obviously. If Jims will accept stock sprockets, youre better off....I was already addressing that issue......

can any one give me the bearing specs for the jim henry rear wheel kit ? im still waiting for mine to arrive and would like to have them ready cause sure as shit they will turn up late friday after the bearing shop closes for the week end thanks guys Andrew P.S any bolt sizes i may need would help

a 6304 sealed bearing measures at 52mm o.d witch is fine for the rear wheel but the front bearing has to be 47mm as that is the size of a front wheel bearing so how can you use a 6304 on a 19" wheel converison ? or am i missing some thing . andrew

6204 bearings are 47mm OD, 20mm ID and14mm wide. Order 6204-2RS to get rubber seals on both sides of each bearing. This will allow use of the 20mm rear axle with bearings pressed into the original front wheel hub.

John

Last edited:
Back