War on Drugs?

Let's get a few facts straight, shall we?
1. It was halfway through the war in Vietnam that the total of Americans killed in all other wars passed combat deaths in the Civil War.
2. We were talking about the lethality .223 center fire cartridge, the AR16 infantry carbine, and the AR15 semi-automatic carbine which is its civilian version. This includes its use in other countries' conflicts. Get in a real firefight and see what that Garand 30.06 dos to you. I've seeen up close and personal, and I really doubt that you've ever seen or heard what it's like when a platoon armed with AR16s opens up on a big demonstration (Tehran, late Jan 19
With all due respect, I have seen the damage a .223 cartridge does to a deer, and I've also seen what a .30 caliber bullet does (.308/30-06) and trust me, the .30 makes a massive wound compared to a .223. I'm not saying that a full auto M-16 isn't deadly weapon on a mass scale, I'm just saying that a larger, heavier projectile, though not as fast, will do more damage. I guess I should have done a better job of making my point, as I was referring more to the cartridge than the weapon.

With all due respect, I have seen the damage a .223 cartridge does to a deer, and I've also seen what a .30 caliber bullet does (.308/30-06) and trust me, the .30 makes a massive wound compared to a .223. I'm not saying that a full auto M-16 isn't deadly weapon on a mass scale, I'm just saying that a larger, heavier projectile, though not as fast, will do more damage. I guess I should have done a better job of making my point, as I was referring more to the cartridge than the weapon.
Out of deference to our mod, I deleted my previous post. Since this is continuing....

A .223 round fired from an AR/M-16 type weapon has a muzzle velocity well in excess of 3000fps. A round that light, traveling at that velocity will fragment on impact with human flesh. No, there's no "massive wound"... just a whole bunch of little ones radiating out from the point of impact ..... making the odds of hitting something vital much higher. In other words, the smaller .223 projectile is more lethal that it's larger counterparts.

Militaries around the world use the smaller .223 round instead of a larger 30 cal round. Ask yourself why?
Yes, one of the reasons is it's lighter, therefor the average troop can carry more rounds. But... carrying more rounds don't mean squat if they're ineffective. Were that the case, we'd still be using an M-1 or an updated version of it. We don't.
The newest standard US military rifle is the M-4. It fires the .223 (5.56mm) round.

What do the Mexican Cartels use?
1663898749677.png

47th, you do not understand the difference between combat and hunting. An infantryman's experience is alien to you. Do I sound like some sort of ideologue who knows all the answers?I hope not..
But i know the difference between what I see and what I imagine. I suspect that you never received fire.
02/0one with.this batch of sleigh'n of 9,

47th, you do not understand the difference between combat and hunting. An infantryman's experience is alien to you. Do I sound like some sort of ideologue who knows all the answers?I hope not..
But i know the difference between what I see and what I imagine. I suspect that you never received fire.
02/0one with.this batch of sleigh'n of 9,
You are correct. I'm only referring to the damage caused by a projectile. I would imagine that a hail of lead, fired by well trained soldiers, regardless of caliber would be a pretty efficient way of neutralizing the enemy

So a direct line can be drawn between the supply chains of illegal guns smuggled across the border from America to Mexico........ To protecting the supply chain of illegal drugs, smuggled across the boarder from Mexico to America.
Why would those cartels that are getting Fentanyl from China, buy semi-autos from the U.S. when they can get full-auto AK-47's from the same people that are supplying the Fentanyl?

Why would those cartels that are getting Fentanyl from China, buy semi-autos from the U.S. when they can get full-auto AK-47's from the same people that are supplying the Fentanyl?
Perhaps China is fussier about arming countries it plans to subjugate later, as compared to letting them fester in addiction?

I believe we can do a lot to prevent addiction at home. Being good role models, fostering positive relationships with those in our lives, and being an active participant in our community can go a long way. Sometimes just being a non-judgmental active listener for a friend or family member in need can have a huge impact on their mental health. I bring up mental health because it plays an enormous role in addiction. I like to reach out to my friends and family, check ins, sometimes it’s not always deep conversation but sometimes it becomes that. I try to be an open book, I after all have depression and anxiety myself at times and sometimes being vulnerable and open about that allows others to feel more comfortable opening up about their own struggles. Getting it out is important, knowing your not alone, it helps to prevent people exploring other alternatives.

The AK is in the same class as the AR--light infantry carbine. Now picture yourself in a mall. "Active shooter" enters. Which weapon would you fear more in his hands--a Garand 30.06 or an AR15 jungle clipped? And who said anything about the AR15 being used by criminals, foreign militias, or governments? Of course they buy full auto AR16s, widely available from the wrong people. As to the Chinese, they use their own well made version of the Kalashnikov, the SK. When there's a need, by contract or otherwise, for quality, the Chinese rise to the occasion. Most American businesses buying from China choose not to pay for quality, and we blame the Chinese for shoddy practice by our own. So it goes.

The AK is in the same class as the AR--light infantry carbine. Now picture yourself in a mall. "Active shooter" enters. Which weapon would you fear more in his hands--a Garand 30.06 or an AR15 jungle clipped? And who said anything about the AR15 being used by criminals, foreign militias, or governments? Of course they buy full auto AR16s, widely available from the wrong people. As to the Chinese, they use their own well made version of the Kalashnikov, the SK. When there's a need, by contract or otherwise, for quality, the Chinese rise to the occasion. Most American businesses buying from China choose not to pay for quality, and we blame the Chinese for shoddy practice by our own. So it goes.
As I previously stated, I should have been more concise. I'm referring to the projectile, not the weapon. I don't want to get shot with any of them.

I would guess that the big Customers in the US whole sale drug customer ...have the guns supply connections
Illegal sources ..Since they are criminals and they need guns as tool of the trade themselves
The Cartels have a lot of cash in the US ..that can be used. And to some extent trust those people.
If they are buying drugs wholesale they wont squeal to the Police about a few guns.
They probably also " Own " some custom officials at border crossings making it less risky crossing only one border.

I don't believe the Chinese have any problems selling guns and at rock bottom prices.
Business is Business
But supplying Military firearms to the situation in Mexico. Without Mexican government supervision -- can provoke stricter border control and few in the cartels wants that
Say that every shipment larger boxes from China gets stricter control. That Can hurt the bottom line so to speak ..
That can cause the higher ups to intervene.

My boss just told me he can kill a deer at 600 yards with an AR15 and a scope.

My boss just told me he can kill a deer at 600 yards with an AR15 and a scope.
M16 (AR15) USMC rifle range was 200, 300, 500 yards. Good shooters would get a 3' x 1.5' target at 500 yds 8/10 times. The hits were "tears" in the target, the bullets were tumbling at that point. Another 100 yards?
Perhaps a different twist on a longer barrel and some ammunition custom loaded it is maybe realistic and I won't say no it couldn't happen. My shooting now is 40 or 50 feet with hand guns though we do occaisional 100 (ish) yard rifle sighting.

M16 (AR15) USMC rifle range was 200, 300, 500 yards. Good shooters would get a 3' x 1.5' target at 500 yds 8/10 times. The hits were "tears" in the target, the bullets were tumbling at that point. Another 100 yards?
Perhaps a different twist on a longer barrel and some ammunition custom loaded it is maybe realistic and I won't say no it couldn't happen. My shooting now is 40 or 50 feet with hand guns though we do occaisional 100 (ish) yard rifle sighting.
He did say he uses “hunting” rounds. He’s also a jarhead, so I took him at his word.

He did say he uses “hunting” rounds. He’s also a jarhead, so I took him at his word.
I have learned a lot (maybe only a little) since I was in. ARs are available with lots of different twists and barrel lengths. Match that with powder and weight and the sky is the limit. My son carries an AR with a 20 inch stainless barrel in his vehicle to take coyote when area ranchers ask him to clear out the varmints.

Its off topic but guns is up
the 22 caliber rifle was difficult to get license for because it was used for poaching
It is happening now also I see In the paper online arrests has been made .. Suspicion been shoting 24 moose at night
Headshot the 22 is small caliber but it is not so loud and if the shot is well placed it is lethal
One gun here has a silencer and nightlights

Modified the collapsible I have heard of before making it possible to have under a coat
this happened from vehicles
kaliber .22–250 kaliber .222

Weapons charges and hunting charges up to 6 years Prison for hunting crime ..speaking of crime
prevention.
Dangerous guns

1663968489666.png

1663968450127.png

Back