Welded Frame, Bike wont start.

This is probably a dumb question and admittedly I am very electrically challenged but would wiring up a battery in place of the capacitor not be a worthwhile experiment? I apologize if this was already addressed in the thread an I just missed it.

Help!
Anyway, I only see 6 wires from your harness and (not speaking gonzo) I don't know why it's 8-6 pigtail. Anyway, here's my interpretation of harness wires' colors to pigtail
gonzo.png

This is probably a dumb question and admittedly I am very electrically challenged but would wiring up a battery in place of the capacitor not be a worthwhile experiment? I apologize if this was already addressed in the thread an I just missed it.
DR! - lol, one of us is on the wrong thread - I've got so many going it could be me!

I'm unfamiliar; are the wire colors at the harness the same as I see at the connector in pic #1 ?

Do you have the factory safety relay connected?

yes I pulled those wires from my harness and put them in the 6 pin to connect to the gn250. Im not really sure if i have the safety relay, electrical work is not my strong point.

OK. I'm stuck here at the moment. If a "light bulb" comes on, I'll post back:umm:

Just to be clear - the wires from harness as they appear in your 1st pic at your post #80 do not match my interpretation of how they should be in that connector block. See how I've marked wire colors on Jim's 8 terminal in my pic at post #82 ?

Just to be clear - the wires from harness as they appear in your 1st pic at your post #80 do not match my interpretation of how they should be in that connector block. See how I've marked wire colors on Jim's 8 terminal in my pic at post #82 ?
yeah I see what you did. I have them lined up like that now. My intuition was telling me that the initial way I tried didnt make sense, but I didnt want to stray from how i understood the diagram.

Based off what JP added to my diagram (thanks JP. I need to add that info) and based on the pic's from your other thread post, I think you wired the 6pin connector wrong. I think your pic showed the orange wire on an end pin?

yeah I see what you did. I have them lined up like that now. My intuition was telling me that the initial way I tried didnt make sense, but I didnt want to stray from how i understood the diagram.
Ah.... I see you figured that out. Never mind. Any luck now?

Ah.... I see you figured that out. Never mind. Any luck now?
No I didnt have any luck. I did get an mp08 as well, maybe that will help. Also, Im a bit confused now on the location of the orange wire. When I line them up as JP listed, I end up with the orange on the outside.

To clarify, I pulled the 5 wires out of the stock tci harness, and plugged them into the extra 6 pin connecter that I got. I followed the "1 to C..." to line up the wires in the 6 pin connector with the one that goes into the gonzo. Is that correct?

Looks like orange goes between the Wh/r and the R/w. Makes it the middle wire in a three pin row

Just in case this wasn't clear. When testing an ignition coil; the spark happens when you REMOVE the power not when you connect it.

Still not getting anything. Also checked that the gonzo is getting 12 volts and my coils is also getting 12 volts.
That orange wire from coil (coil gnd signal) to harness, that we unhooked a few days ago for "tap test" - did that get reconnected properly?

That orange wire from coil (coil gnd signal) to harness, that we unhooked a few days ago for "tap test" - did that get reconnected properly?
Yep that got hooked back up. I just installed an mp08 coil in as well so that’s fresh with new plug wires as well.
I don’t think my magnets are weak, as this bike was running okay right before I welded the frame.

Back