WELSH FLAT TRACK REVIVAL

Yes Raymond we have pulled the plug.
Sorry to hear of your business closure. I can empathize; I had to close a fabrication business making an innovative product because the margin between production cost + overhead and market price just wasn't there. Tis sad to have to close a business in which you have personal investment in.

Adam, I’m so sorry to hear about your business loss. I hope that you will be alright going forward.
It’s terrible times that we live in. 🙁
Thanks Bob,
I have a tough time ahead. I took a gamble in a tough market period and it didn’t pay off. Partial retirement going forward, maybe a part time job to keep my mind working. More time to work on / ride bikes, Mrs C permitting ;)

Sorry to hear of your business closure. I can empathize; I had to close a fabrication business making an innovative product because the margin between production cost + overhead and market price just wasn't there. Tis sad to have to close a business in which you have personal investment in.
Thanks for your concern. Sorry too for your loss of business.
I take it you have come out the other side and are now enjoying life.
Cheers,
Ads.

Last edited:
Careful - if that comment gets into 'The managements' hands you are a dead man walking.
Please post used bank notes to the usual address for my silence. :sneaky:

I noticed only the top half of the rear brake pads were contacting the disc rotor again as they were last year before i replaced the rotor and caliper hanger.
After removing the caliper I worked the brake pedal and the piston would push out but retract back in when I let the pedal return to it's stop.
I slowly forced the piston out using air pressure - it was free moving not jammed and everything looked fine, bore is clean and the piston and seal look good.
I poured clean brake fluid into the piston bore and then installed the piston just enough to seal, then using an F clamp tried to push the piston in with the master cylinder lid open so the fluid would return to the reservoir.
The only way I could get the piston to go in was to loosen the bleed screw? Which doesn't seem right
I have blown out the caliper but when bleeding it will only pump out a little fluid then suck it back in.
Any ideas ? There's no leaks anywhere that I can see.

I noticed only the top half of the rear brake pads were contacting the disc rotor again as they were last year before i replaced the rotor and caliper hanger.
After removing the caliper I worked the brake pedal and the piston would push out but retract back in when I let the pedal return to it's stop.
I slowly forced the piston out using air pressure - it was free moving not jammed and everything looked fine, bore is clean and the piston and seal look good.
I poured clean brake fluid into the piston bore and then installed the piston just enough to seal, then using an F clamp tried to push the piston in with the master cylinder lid open so the fluid would return to the reservoir.
The only way I could get the piston to go in was to loosen the bleed screw? Which doesn't seem right
I have blown out the caliper but when bleeding it will only pump out a little fluid then suck it back in.
Any ideas ? There's no leaks anywhere that I can see.
I think this post should be in the 'What have you done to your XS today'' thread.
Sounds like something is stuck in the caliper; maybe a seal is miss aligned. I would strip it down and reassemble.

GAPING THE PLUGS and other things.....

Below was posted in 'What Have You Done.....' Thread yesterday:
POST.PNG

Today I obtained six new old stock BP7ES Non-Resistor plugs from a local car parts supplier.
Correctly gaped at 0.65 according to Haynes manual. Screw on tip removed as my NGK caps locate better without them.

IMG_0532.JPEG
IMG_0535.JPEG

Just £2.00 Each so a good deal :twocents::smoke:

I had also swapped out the expensive silicone / carbon core plug leads for good old fashioned copper wire core leads.
Both the copper ends were properly splayed both and dressed for the test (A little long at the mo').
IMG_0533.JPEG
IMG_0534.JPEG

New coil installed previously during the refurbishment / Moto-Gadget install.
Also running a GONZO GN250 Igniter as posted a while back. (I may revert to the TCI unit if the new plugs cure the issue).

All items installed and remote fuel tank set up, switch on and Vaaaaarrrrroooommm! Both sides running well.
Let it warm up to temp, choke off and steady idle at 980rpm. Check timing with lamp and spot on.
Increase revs and hold at 3500rpm, all good. try several different rev ranges, all good.

Next will be a road test to see if the issue has finally been resolved.
No chance of that today as Jesus has decided to flush his biblical toilet all over South Wales, Bugger!.
More anon.
Ads.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've got her sorted, mate.

BTW I had a similar deal on 4 NGKs, same spec, same price, year or so back so I laid in a stock - had two unused spares already so with another four that should keep the XS in plugs for a while. Makes me think there might be more of a shortage in N America than here.

Last edited:
Back