We're off to see the Wizard!

Bike #2 has extended fork legs. The bottom of the fork legs has two pins holding bottom piece to the main leg. The forks I have do not this piece on it. Both of these extended legs have this part welded on and two pins holding it on. The PO drilled more holes and then welded. I am not sure I can get them off. Parts lists does not show this as a separate item. Does anyone have two sets of 70/71 fork legs? I really just need the bottom part.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 56
If the studs are stripped but still in the head, I weld a nut onto the stud and screw it out with a socket. The heat from welding has the added benefit of breaking up any corrosion on the studs and they screw out easier.

Bike #2 has extended fork legs. The bottom of the fork legs has two pins holding bottom piece to the main leg. The forks I have do not this piece on it. Both of these extended legs have this part welded on and two pins holding it on. The PO drilled more holes and then welded. I am not sure I can get them off. Parts lists does not show this as a separate item. Does anyone have two sets of 70/71 fork legs? I really just need the bottom part.
Spose we could lop off the legs and bore the end of them out of that fitting?

Brazed so could heat to remove?

Back