What are your favorite items of equipment, implements, products or Brands?s ?

Yup, I had to resort to ordering Lava on-line too. Been using it since I was old enough to reach the sink faucets. Standard supply for farm houses.

I keep a gallon pump jug of Fast Orange with pumice by the wash-up sink here, then follow up with Lava.

What does anybody like for battery powered tools? My first was a 9.6v Makita drill/driver. Then went to 14.4 DeWalt stuff, but never was happy with the battery life. Now I'm all Milwaukee 18v. Drill/driver, small impact (which I use almost daily) and a 4-1/2 inch grinder.

What does anybody like for battery powered tools?
I've got a Ryobi 18V drill and circular saw that I bought as reconditioned units when I worked at Cummings Tools. They closed shop here in KC around the turn of the century... so they're 'bout 20 yrs old or so. Both have been dropped from roof tops and stairs more times than I care to remember.... and still in daily use. I upgraded to lithium batteries and chargers... and bought a new drill to help the old one out about 8-10 yrs ago. Can't speak to the new ones, but mine are damn near bulletproof.

I like Makita. Milwaukee is good but I've been a Makita fan since I bought a corded 1/2 inch drill in the early 80s. At the time only Snap On sold them. It was pricey but is still in use. I also use Makita cordless tools. Never had a problem with them.

I have a corded Makita worm-drive 7-1/4 inch saw that's at least 30 years old. That think is a BEAST! Nothing stops it.

Also have a corded Makita 1/2 inch drill. Likewise. NOTHING stops it, which my wrist can attest to...:(

I have some DeWalt corded stuff too, a VSR 3/8ths drill and a biscuit jointer. They don't get used a whole lot, but they're dependable. Had a DeWalt compound miter chop saw, but wanted to move up to a slider for the extra capacity so I sold it. The slider is a "909" brand that they were selling as an econo-model at the lumber yard when I worked there. Didn't move well at all, I got it at cost and it's done very well for me. Not dead-nuts accurate for cabinet making but for Gonzo Carpentry, it's fine.

I've got a Ryobi 18V drill and circular saw that I bought as reconditioned units when I worked at Cummings Tools. They closed shop here in KC around the turn of the century... so they're 'bout 20 yrs old or so. Both have been dropped from roof tops and stairs more times than I care to remember.... and still in daily use. I upgraded to lithium batteries and chargers... and bought a new drill to help the old one out about 8-10 yrs ago. Can't speak to the new ones, but mine are damn near bulletproof.

I have the same deal. Blue in color ? That has been sitting on a shelf since I bought the green set on sale.
I also have a green drill, green driver, work light and leaf blower, and saws all. I like the driver the best.

A few of my favorite things,
Years ago for Father’s Day I bought myself a present :D, a Dewalt 20V cordless drill set, that was on sale at Lowe’s. I have used this thing endlessly since and the batteries charge up in no time! I love it!
991C6F54-7BD5-4B2C-B8AE-48FDB0A990E0.jpeg

When I was working construction, I always carried a Buck locking blade folding knife, in fact I’ve still got the one that I’ve had since the 70’s, a little battle scarred, but fully functional still.
80AC87BC-3D45-40FF-B677-857AA99E87FD.jpeg
About 5 years ago, I bought a Kershaw 1850 Oso Sweet spring assist knife. Slick little knife, super fast opening and locks securely. Really nice knife!
AB839106-29D5-4ACE-A1F6-B33A93E93960.jpeg

I can honestly say my corded 1/2 inch Makita drill tore a guys arm clean off. Prod me and I'll post later the details.

I was using a 1/2” corded drill once to drill a hole through the back side of a big steel storage locker, I was reaching in through the opening of the cabinet, when the hole was just about through, of course the bit bound up , but that big ol dril never slowed and it instantly torqued my hand right into the side of that cabinet! Ouch! :eek: Those big drills have some power!

When I was working construction, I always carried a Buck locking blade folding knife, in fact I’ve still got the one that I’ve had since the 70’s, a little battle scarred, but fully functional still.
My Schrade Old Timer.

PXL_20210521_212152790.jpg

View attachment 191682
Built in the 40's and still on the job.
Guess I need to do a photo-op for my Farmall! Figured I had one some place but could not find one.
It's a 1947 BN. Did a ground up rebuild on it 30 or so years back. It is used to run a 72 inch Woods mower to keep about six acres of weeds looking somewhat like a lawn. It's getting to be a bit rough looking these days but has held up pretty good.

Guess I need to do a photo-op for my Farmall! Figured I had one some place but could not find one.
It's a 1947 BN. Did a ground up rebuild on it 30 or so years back. It is used to run a 72 inch Woods mower to keep about six acres of weeds looking somewhat like a lawn. It's getting to be a bit rough looking these days but has held up pretty good.
PICs!!!!

Back