What are your favorite items of equipment, implements, products or Brands?s ?

If that's a "wall wart" and has a little coaxial plug that plugs into the handle of the drill, I suspect there's a rectifier in the drill itself.

5.5 VAC wall wart shouldn't be hard to find. 5v is very common and might work.

but where am I going to find a charger that takes 120v and puts 5.5 v AC back into the drill and how can a battery accept AC voltage :umm:
That charger has diodes in it that chop the a/c into a pulse d/c is my guess. Any 5vdc charger... usb power supply should work Mike. One of the two wires should have a strip of some sort on it.... either raised or stamped. That will be the positive side.

I've had this B&D screwdriver for 20+ ? years and I use it a lot for starting screws in wood or sheetrock or wherever
just where you can hold a screw but can't turn it to get started
But The damn charger puked out on me but where am I going to find a charger that takes 120v and puts 5.5 v AC back into the drill and how can a battery accept AC voltage :umm:View attachment 192115 View attachment 192116
edit I at first checked for DC voltage from the charger and got nothing but when I checked AC voltage I get 6.3V
so battery is shot
And I can through Ebay get a new one just like it with a Lithium battery for $17.99 or offer
I know Mikey you cheap SOB get a 12V and be done with it
But me and the 3.6V grew up together :shootme:

Added to my Ryobi collection today. 45 bucks delivered to my local Home Depot store. Too good to pass on.

PXL_20210527_001846100.jpg

This pair is rarely not on my person. The watch is a Hamilton auto winder that will most likely outlast me. The folder is a Crosslock Case with thumb spur and a pocket clip which if you know anything about Case you’ll know both of those are uncommon features on Case knives.
5F8B0398-873E-4AA8-9227-08AD5D1EEAD5.jpeg

This engraved Buck 112 in a lefty cross draw is what I carry when I need a little more than my case which isn’t often.
E6A25BA6-CD75-43C4-9FAF-E5161137918E.jpeg

These two are what I carry, never... The Buck Hunter is a 100th anniversary (2002) in a sheath of my own creation and is really only used when camping or hiking.The K-Bar was given to me by the Navy and I don’t think I EVER took it out of the box while I was on active duty. Main propulsion diesel mechanics don’t have much use for fighting knives.:D
4490328D-705E-45DF-AA3A-5369D6C41B72.jpeg
0551A88F-E29B-4215-BB63-109E77FB836D.jpeg

Other than the odd rogue injector pump... no, prolly not. :cautious:
Nope, I got a bayonet for that! :laughing: This is what happens when engineers have to much free time. :whistle: It hung on the wall in my workspace and now hangs on the wall in my garage, just so all the machinery there in knows the score...:guns:
C7BE83AB-C5B9-406F-84BF-EBB39316F1EA.jpeg

Dad was tool and die, built his own machinists box,
20210526_201937.jpg

20210526_201852.jpg

it lives front and center in my shop. The cart underneath has allowed me to spread out the tools (a mix of old and newer) for easier access.
It's a comforting daily connection to my history.

This trio sees more use than any of my tools by far, with the possible exception of my set of Snap-on metric combo wrench set. The Ford wrench is a Bridgeport of unknown age but if I had to guess I’d say it 75-100 years old. I honestly don’t really remember not owning it. It was possibly the first tool I ever purchased, most likely at a garage sale when I was 6 or 7 for 25-50 cents. The K-D ratchet I bought at O’reilly’s when I worked there as a teenager. The 3/8 T-handle is a Motion Pro that I would be pretty devastated if anything happened to, I think I acquired it when I was going to MMI.
46EC5F7D-EED6-4E18-8313-A9E38A30D8DB.jpeg

The bulk of my tools are housed in my big Snap-On box. I bought this when I worked at an HD Dealership and a big expensive toolbox was basically required by the owners so all the techs “looked the part”
FBF15F80-BB64-4664-98E8-C3FAEBB75430.jpeg

Rocol is my favorite for cutting oil and cutting paste. By a mile. At work, most of our seismic in-sea equipment is either Duplex or 316L. Both are tough on drill bits and taps. Unless you use Rocol, that is.....

Say no to ink jet printer.
HP with aftermarket toner cartridges.
I get 10 cartridges for $60 delivered.
Used up 16 carts for far.
Printed out about 12 thousand sheets so far this year.

I am an auditor by trade so when I see Harry homeowner paying hundreds every year for ink jet carts, I get a bee in my bonnet.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 56
Say no to ink jet printer.
HP with aftermarket toner cartridges.
I get 10 cartridges for $60 delivered.
Used up 16 carts for far.
Printed out about 12 thousand sheets so far this year.

I am an auditor by trade so when I see Harry homeowner paying hundreds every year, I get a bee in my bonnet.

Consumer Cellular Mobile
Before CC I used verizon. The bill was $200 a month for three phones, more if we exceeded our data limit.

I switched to Consumer Cellular pay as you go...
Now I pay $125 a month for 3 smart phones, a flip phone, and maximum data capacity they offer.
I can add an additional phone for $10 a month.
Unlimited minutes
We never go over our data limit, not once.
CC uses the ATT network.

Seeing that most families pay $300 or more monthly bothers me...
Fourth graders with huge iphones is the norm I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 49
Back