What book are you reading right now?

The Lenze 9300 servo drive/PLC programing manual, its a little dry...:cautious: I wouldn't recommend it.
I briefly tried to educate myself in that. I tried a transition from aviation to industrial maintenance. It was so late in my career, I jumped back at the first opportunity. They're very different.

I briefly tried to educate myself in that. I tried a transition from aviation to industrial maintenance. It was so late in my career, I jumped back at the first opportunity. They're very different.
We have more than a few former aviation mechanics here but most made the transition as soon as they got out of the service. I don't think it would be an easy transition late in your career. Being color blind they wouldn't let me anywhere near a flight line when I was in the Navy so aviation was out of the question for me.

Sounds like an endorsement. Just purchased a used copy on ebay.

My wife says I read weird things.

Here's my next book:
20220109_154459.jpg

Spring Forward: The Annual Madness of Daylight Saving Time
by Michael Downing

It's better than it sounds. :)

Hi Travis,
about DST; wise old Chief say: -
"Dunno who reckoned that cutting a foot off one end of a blanket and sewing it onto the other would give you a longer blanket but it musta been a white man."
Here in Saskachewan we don't do it so in summer we're in Vancouver time and we winter in Winnipeg.

As usual, reading a few things at the moment. Just finished China Dream by Ma Lien - a scathing satire on the state of government in China. Ma's books were banned by the regime and he lived in exile in Hong Kong until 1997. When Hong Kong reverted to Chinese rule, he moved to London.

It's a short book - you could read it in an afternoon. The Director of the propaganda dept in a regional city wants to develop a brain implant which will free all citizens of counter-productive individual memories and let them all share the same Chinese dream, but unfortunately the Director himself is plagued by memories of the murders and other atrocities he took part in during the Cultural Revolution and slowly loses his marbles.

Last edited:
Back