What did Santa bring you ?

jmcgowan

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Among the many great gifts I got, my wife got me a Dewalt angle grinder, and my in-laws got me a Dewalt reciprocating saw, a couple different sets of Dremel accessories, an auto darkening welding helmet and welding gloves. Plus they told me to come use their MIG anytime (I don't own a welder). My mother sent me a Home Depot gift card with a card that said power tools cost too much to ship. :rock:

jmcgowan, nice gifts! I probably have the same Dewalt "sawzall". It's a good one and the blades are easy to change.

My family isn't much for gifting. Usually just money or gift cards which I then spend on tools. :D

inxs, I got my tax bill too.. yay! :banghead:

well im new here and if it werent for my christmas present i wouldnt be here. i just got a 1979 xs650 (my first bike) to start building and i herd this is the place to become an xs maniac so why not.

well im new here and if it werent for my christmas present i wouldnt be here. i just got a 1979 xs650 (my first bike) to start building and i herd this is the place to become an xs maniac so why not.

Nice, welcome. Got a pic ?

heres a pic of the project to be.
Photo0011.jpg

Well, being upside down & back to front to most of you, we are in the middle of summer here..........I got this shit hot BBQ from Santa, just the thing for burning expensive meat beyond recognition! Also handy for removing the fingerprints off the end of your fingers!

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 311
Very cool santa in your 'hood dwyatt, are they in the hands of your machinest yet?
I take it they are a forged piston? What clearance are you going to run?

Since this thread ending up being mostly about tools and motorcycles, it has been moved from The Lounge to The Garage :thumbsup:

No such luck. I headed back to Angola for work the next morning, but I have pulled the motor and it's all sitting on my work bench until middle of January. I haven't looked into clearance yet, was planning to chat up my local race shop that will do the boring though. Any suggestions? This will bump the displacement up to 700cc to get me into the LW40 class in teh local race club. Watch out SV's, who needs modern technology?

While I am working on the motor, I have to send off a cam to Megacycle for regrinding, then can assemble final product.

Back