What did Santa bring you ?

- dwyatt...angola - the country or the city?

- i worked in angola, the country, in the 80's surveying kimberlites in the lunda norte province...fucking dangerous

- sweet...we got pulled out in the end when most of my team got shot in ambush...i hear things have quietened down heaps...oil is also pretty interesting

inxs,
Thanks for the link to Selvedge Yard. The Danny Lyons stuff is way bad. In 1967 the Outlaws came to our small town for a weekend of hillclimbs, scrambles and drag races. The town hasn't been the same since !

Got a horizontal band saw, drill press, combo Craftsmen belt/disc bench sander, and a new stand for my bench grinder. Now just gotta put em to use ANC build a new workbench with them. Gonna try and make the workbench with some trick things for flipping up a vise! Tool holder and shelves underneath. Any ideas? Pics of ur setup?

- not sure if you want to be able to be able to rotate or remove

- could do something like this...vertical mount
table.jpg

- or...horizontal
PICT0699.jpg

- when mounting it is better to do so at or just below elbow height

Something along those lines. I've actually seen a setup that the surface if the table had a small 1/2 hole drilled in it fir your finger, you pulled a pin and pulled up on the hole to rotate up the vise, or grinder. I can't find the article anymore, shulda book marked it!

- that would only need a pivot and a stop...means that you cant leave anything on your bench or under it though

Back