What have you done to your XS today?

Yeah doing the circuit out in the shed hitting the batteries on all the sleeping equipment and bikes.
Got an ebay 72 tank today So stripping a thick layer of black off that tank and a PO's primer job off a 71 tank. Swapping front ends on the 71's so the best one will be back down on stock length legs.

Pulled the tarp off of it,and showed it to a friend. Then I covered it back up untill Spring!!!

Fitted Boyer ignition system, coils,and hydraulic clutch. Took her outside and shot some pics......

11278862613_c308af8751_b.jpg

Yeah doing the circuit out in the shed hitting the batteries on all the sleeping equipment and bikes.
Got an ebay 72 tank today So stripping a thick layer of black off that tank and a PO's primer job off a 71 tank. Swapping front ends on the 71's so the best one will be back down on stock length legs.

So it was YOU who bought that tank huh?

Had that one in my watch list, lol.

I passed up on a cheap and pristine XS-2 tank last August at a swap meet because at the time, I had no need for one.

Who knew a few months later I'd have not one, but two early XS-1's in my garage?

I still don't really need an extra tank like that, but it never hurts to have a spare right?

Do I need hoarders therapy? :yikes:

Sounds like a threesome of hoarders here at least. Yes and it is a nice tank, two minor dents, the red with white stripes was still under that thick layer of black. The lack of better pics and no set freight charge scared off buyers I think. I'm chasing my tail trying to decide to keep working on the 71 or use the best possible parts and put a 70 together, then do a 71. I have the paint done for the 70 and the 71 paint is still just a painters promise to "get to it". And we know what painters time promises are worth. I'm coming up on a year waiting for 72 paint to be done.

Put the swing arm on the bench today to prep for new bushings, the tins and sidecar parts are painted getting ready for frame paint. Also prepared for the ice storm tonight.

What have I done with my XS? NOTHING! and it's tickin' me off not finding the time to do SOMETHING with her.

Same here bud! Fucking working way too much overtime(not willingly, busy time of year for us), so no shed time at night for me, cos I'm too fucking tired!! I'M SO ANGRY!!!!!! AAAAAAAAARGHNHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:cussing::banghead::mad::banghead::cussing::cussing:

Back