What have you done to your XS today?

Hi all, I just completed my 1978 XS 650 restoration and I want to say thank you to the Forum members for allowing me to to look over your shoulders for the knowledge and inspiration you gave me during this endeavor. Thank you.

. 45DF5835-40AC-4138-A86D-8F212CC30067.jpegEFC15516-2A56-4958-A6CF-122BABFF541D.jpeg 04D42B62-2D35-4CF1-A9FA-E663C108CAF2.jpeg

My XS has 4 cylinders and no clutch :umm:
:p

20210624_205310.jpg

Finally got the right rear tube in the mail today so it's on new rubber, chain and sprockets. Had to pull the oil filter cuz the fram filter o-ring was too small in diameter making for an overnight oil stain. WIX filter with o-ring and it's all good.
Not quite done fiddling (are we ever?) but took it for a nice ride to town.

My XS has 4 cylinders and no clutch :umm:
:p

View attachment 193876
Finally got the right rear tube in the mail today so it's on new rubber, chain and sprockets. Had to pull the oil filter cuz the fram filter o-ring was too small in diameter making for an overnight oil stain. WIX filter with o-ring and it's all good.
Not quite done fiddling (are we ever?) but took it for a nice ride to town.

That came out really nice Gary! A sharp looking classic and you sure won’t see many others out there. You gonna keep this one for the summer?

Did a search for the gg system to no avail, bleeding my new caliper and master cylinder on my XS2 tomorrow night and I’ve been dreading it!
The early two piston caliper is not so suited to this GG method. :mad:
I have a couple of early systems to do, one possibly in the not distant future. I will see if I can work out a a similar GG EASY method for them.
PS the bike above made a lap of the driveway, drove onto the trailer, and was delivered to Baraboobill. Thnx Bill, NEXT!

Bill triumph.jpg

Last edited:
Gary, that is a nice collection of early paintwork you have there hanging on your wall. Are you stock piling up for some nice future builds????

Gary, that is a nice collection of early paintwork you have there hanging on your wall. Are you stock piling up for some nice future builds????

Ha! I’ve been trying to figure out how to sneak those XS2 tins outa his shed for years. :laugh2: @gggGary guards them like a dog with a bone!
11BDBAAA-853E-42C8-B77B-830A8A9FC90E.jpeg Can’t blame him really, he’s got the best garage art. :cool:

Back