What have you done to your XS today?

I feel like we are using a lot of the same products haha. Let me know how that throttle works out for you, it’s currently in my cart..
Hi Jessee
I have ordered the throttle assembly, a shot in the dark really.
Revival use the Domino products a lot so well recommended for quality.
It a quick action type.......whatever that means......must make the bike go faster? It was more about a minimal look and bar space I was looking for.
Hoping to get it tomorrow and test fit.

Probably very short travel from closed to full throttle. I had one on a CBR once that from fully closed to fully open was about 1-1.5 inches. Traffic was a son of a bitch. I have the Magura 314 which works great but is a little larger than what I’m going for now

Probably very short travel from closed to full throttle. I had one on a CBR once that from fully closed to fully open was about 1-1.5 inches. Traffic was a son of a bitch. I have the Magura 314 which works great but is a little larger than what I’m going for now
Hi Jessee
I have ordered the throttle assembly, a shot in the dark really.
Revival use the Domino products a lot so well recommended for quality.
It a quick action type.......whatever that means......must make the bike go faster? It was more about a minimal look and bar space I was looking for.
Hoping to get it tomorrow and test fit.
OK well the throttle assembly came today. Test fit showed it didn't fit.....not with my Nissin Brake lever and fluid reservoir.
The acute left turn for the cable interfered with the lever assembly. So I will send back and order a straight pull directly off the front of the throttle pully / cam.
I was very happy with the overall look and quality however.

OK well the throttle assembly came today. Test fit showed it didn't fit.....not with my Nissin Brake lever and fluid reservoir.
The acute left turn for the cable interfered with the lever assembly. So I will send back and order a straight pull directly off the front of the throttle pully / cam.
I was very happy with the overall look and quality however.
Adam did you happen to grab a photo of the interference? I have a Hayabusa Nissin master and am wondering if I’ll run into the same thing

If you can great if not don’t go out of your way for it
Hello @JesseeS
A few images of the interference issue I had with the throttle assembly

IMG_1645.JPEG

IMG_1646.JPEG

IMG_1647.JPEG

Run the cable and adjuster underneath the master?
Tried that Jim, don’t work for me, still has interference issues.
Dealer is sending me a Domino unit with cable outlet off the front.
Makes life a lot easier and less stress on the cable run too boot.
Happy days.

Uhhhhh... polishing your knob?
Already done that. lol

Tappet covers on XS, a couple of pieces on the GT750 that were easy to remove (Small cover above the shifter and clutch cover). The machine produces a finish you can’t get with straight elbow grease (at least I can’t). Larger case to the left is hand polished.

884D2151-F155-4B72-A8FB-BB64AE239A5B.jpeg

Already done that. lol

Tappet covers on XS, a couple of pieces on the GT750 that were easy to remove (Small cover above the shifter and clutch cover). The machine produces a finish you can’t get with straight elbow grease (at least I can’t). Larger case to the left is hand polished.

View attachment 216506

Oooohhhh....very pretty!

Suzuki triples - the thinking man's two-strokes!

Nice work Bosco!

What did I do today.... I logged in to this site for the first time in about a decade... So I'll summarize. I now have three completeish XS650s. Acquired a survivor chop last week. Thing had been in a storage unit for at least 22 years. '72 engine. Solex BS38s. Good compression, transmission and clutch seem good. It has a Columbus (?) twisted front springer on it, sitting in a pretty raked-out frame of unknown origin. Has a single square stock center down tube / brace. I'll try to figure out how to post photos here. It was photobucket back in the day, and we all know how that turned out.

Anyhow, today I got carb kits ordered, new carb boots and new diaphragms as well, and a HHB CDI setup. Should have her waking the neighbor's dead cats by next week.

Back