What have you done to your XS today?

Added some nostalgia to my tracker.

The RH switch w/starter lever been on there a couple years and I've been hiding the decompression cable-end under the tank while I searched for the proper 4-bolt tappet cover. Got it off ebay via Hoos. The starter lever has been a real "conversation starter" (pun intended) and allows me to explain the history of the XS. It's now proudly attached on display!

The decompression doesn't work (no titty on the rocker) - don't want it to.

Decided to add Thuett cam covers while I'm at it; an important part of XS history too!

All sourced from Hoos

Attachments

• XS2 tappet cvr.jpg
    XS2 tappet cvr.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 85
  • XS2 starter.jpg
    XS2 starter.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Shell cvr.jpg
    Shell cvr.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220708_005633.jpg
    20220708_005633.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 85

The RH switch w/starter lever been on there a couple years and I've been hiding the decompression cable-end under the tank while I searched for the proper 4-bolt tappet cover. Got it off ebay via Hoos. The starter lever has been a real "conversation starter" (pun intended) and allows me to explain the history of the XS. It's now proudly attached on display!

Decided to add Thuett cam covers while I'm at it; an important part of XS history too!

All sourced from Hoos

That’s really a terrific looking bike! 👍🏻

All sourced from Hoos
Love that seat and exhaust. Clean machine, grace us with a couple whole bike shots please.

But they're not XS's....
Currently, '74 RD350 cafe getting new VAPE ignition/PMA (today) and Carbs cerakoted (yesterday).
Last fall: CB750K1 survivor restored to original.
Next up: CB750F1 resto-mod with R1 forks, 17" Sun rims, yada yada;)

Beautiful job on hiding the headlight. Two jaw-droppers you have now shared. How many completes are hiding, and how many incompletes are being built, I would love to know!
'TT'
Thank you! I kinda stuck myself with the #8 there :)

Ordered a VM 34 Mikuni kit & throttle, 2 sets of wiring terminals, handgrips & some heavy duty 140 amp red cable for battery/starter today.
Last week I received 2 & 3 button switches, Motogadget mo.unit blue, mo.switch, wiring kit & mo.lock.
This weekend is strip down the CBR600 forks for new tubes, seals & re-paint. Possibly do some drawings for the swingarm at some stage.
It's like Christmas all the time!:)

Installed the headlight modulator on the newly named 77 "Surprise" and it works great
Moved the sissy bar luggage rack from the 75 to Surprise I moved the old saddle bags and back pack and I'm good to go
Headed out to see gggary in Wassua WI Sat morning for some tail dragging lessons and the opportunity to fly a Stearman Biplane
Also installed new street cycle windshield but it's a bit smaller than the one I have on my 75 but I think it will be fine
So far the weather looks good for Sat

Attachments

• IMG_20220713_165332158.jpg
    IMG_20220713_165332158.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20220713_165314902.jpg
    IMG_20220713_165314902.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20220713_165323905.jpg
    IMG_20220713_165323905.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20220701_145751466.jpg
    IMG_20220701_145751466.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220701_145757535.jpg
    IMG_20220701_145757535.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 53
I'm sure the pilot will keep me out of trouble
But I'm going into it blind and at the tail end of the trip I'm going to tell the pilot to do some loops or whatever as I'm sure not going to try it
Were going to have a bit of ground school at first and then off to flying
Total ground school and flying will be an hour so plenty of time for a few thrills

Installed the headlight modulator on the newly named 77 "Surprise" and it works great
Moved the sissy bar luggage rack from the 75 to Surprise I moved the old saddle bags and back pack and I'm good to go
Headed out to see gggary in Wassua WI Sat morning for some tail dragging lessons and the opportunity to fly a Stearman Biplane
Also installed new street cycle windshield but it's a bit smaller than the one I have on my 75 but I think it will be fine
So far the weather looks good for Sat

That setup looks really good Mikey! I like that windshield too. Good luck on your trip, I hope you have a lot of fun! 😃

Sooo I believe this is screw up number 1346? But who’s counting. I ordered new Spiegler brake lines for the ZX6R front end. Started getting them all connected and….SHIT! Didn’t take into account I had 1.5” risers and the lines were for OEM height. So, I could order new brake lines for ~$150, lower the clip ons (which I really didn’t want to do) ~$80, or, find extensions for my current lines. I went the extension route as I really didn’t want perfectly good parts just sitting in my dipshit bin. I got them from Helibar and they are a trick piece of kit. Cost $100 for the pair, but I’m happy paying that price as they look clean and are rock solid. They had cheaper alternatives but baby, I’m worth it. Lessons learned! The photos make it look like there is less slack in the lines than there actually is.
2BE39C62-6A38-48ED-B17F-B0F53E7E3618.jpeg

Attachments

• 9B17B3D5-4C98-4FC4-A331-4FE59A92770C.jpeg
    9B17B3D5-4C98-4FC4-A331-4FE59A92770C.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 54
Sooo I believe this is screw up number 1346? But who’s counting. I ordered new Spiegler brake lines for the ZX6R front end. Started getting them all connected and….SHIT! Didn’t take into account I had 1.5” risers and the lines were for OEM height. So, I could order new brake lines for ~$150, lower the clip ons (which I really didn’t want to do) ~$80, or, find extensions for my current lines. I went the extension route as I really didn’t want perfectly good parts just sitting in my dipshit bin. I got them from Helibar and they are a trick piece of kit. Cost $100 for the pair, but I’m happy paying that price as they look clean and are rock solid. They had cheaper alternatives but baby, I’m worth it. Lessons learned! The photos make it look like there is less slack in the lines than there actually is.
View attachment 218898
Only you will know...

Back