What have you done to your XS today?

Stage 1 finished. Just need to get some correct fuel hose tomorrow & then test ride!
I'll get it booked in for Road Worthy test as soon as I can & then strip it down again for a few more modifications.
finishedstage1.jpg
finishedstage11.jpg

Stage 1 finished. Just need to get some correct fuel hose tomorrow & then test ride!
I'll get it booked in for Road Worthy test as soon as I can & then strip it down again for a few more modifications.View attachment 234446View attachment 234447
Hey Dunc
What have you done you crazy MF, I'm just around the corner from you (Macclesfield) and almost at the same stage as you, lets meet and ride when reg is done.
Fuck yeh

It's a complete much up so please be gentle... What do you think....
Good work!

Control location - what is comfortable, natural - is very individual; if that's where they fit you, then good.

It may be better if it was closer to the frame and not spaced out so far. Will it work (and be comfortable) with shorter spacers between frame and peg bracket (might have to move shift rod closer to shifter too)?

I'll get it booked in for Road Worthy test as soon as I can & then strip it down again for a few more modifications.View attachment 234446View attachment 234447
Outstanding Dunc! All the trick pieces blend together and look like it was made that way 👍

Good work!

Control location - what is comfortable, natural - is very individual; if that's where they fit you, then good.

It may be better if it was closer to the frame and not spaced out so far. Will it work (and be comfortable) with shorter spacers between frame and peg bracket (might have to move shift rod closer to shifter too)?
I can't have it closer the primary will be in the way......

Attachments

• xsdone.jpg
    xsdone.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 89
Was looking for a shiny kick start lever rather than send mine out to be re-chromed. It was revealed that my lever was a modified ??? kick starter (thx @DogBunny for the keen eye). It was suggested that I polish the steel rather than get into the expense of re-caroming. I tried this and here’s the result after hitting it with Dico nylon wheels; Scotchbrite pads and Autosol. I think it’s a keeper as is. I’ll see how it fares to repel corrosion with the Autosol polish. Thanks to @WideAWAKE and @andrsn for the suggestion. Sorry I didn’t take “before” picture.

4CDD922E-08E2-44E6-93C7-4A2EBDC91669.jpeg

Exactly what makes it "modified"?
Looks like this area has been ground out. With the rear sets, the kick starter interfered with the brake pedal. Looked like the po removed material here to increase clearances. Close inspection showed grinder marks. Do you think it’s a stock lever?

90DD718D-ADE4-4DD2-B38B-DDD120C0F1DB.jpeg

Yes, I see it now in that side view. Yes, other than that bit of grinding for increased clearance, it looks like a stock kick arm.

Back